Problem animation: changing to 'class' : disappear 'image element'

please have a look to the animation: I want to make the same as www.deme-group.be

i made a printscreen video : Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

Is this an issue of webflow!?

here is my preview:
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/karelrosseel-deme-group?utm_source=karelrosseel-deme-group&preview=88147263396e83c4ccd7d0d30053daaa

Please check it out
Karel

Hi @KarelRosseel82

It seems the image element in your project has not picked up the class that you have assigned to it. If you see that itā€™s class in the style panel is image11 but in the navigator it still looks like a default image.

CloudApp

If you can delete the image and replace it, this should solve any problems with the interactions. I canā€™t reproduce the error unfortunately and it seems itā€™s a one-off on your project, but please let me know if this is not the case.

thanks, it should be possible that this error never occursā€¦
thanks to help me
Karel

I agree, a world without any bugs whatsoever would be ideal! :slight_smile:

As I canā€™t reproduce the error, itā€™s tough to find the actual cause.

If this occurs again and you know the steps to reproduce it, then please feel free to screen share and ping me and Iā€™ll be happy to take a look to see if we can get to the root of it.

I know these thing donā€™t help with the workflow and appreciate you taking the time to post about it.

1 Like

I really donā€™t know but I can not rename the classā€¦ even if I delete the classname !

what is happening?

Thanks to help
Karel

You will need to delete the actual item, and add a fresh one from the add panel and add a new class name.

thanks, it worked for me: I called the image ā€˜boatā€™ (in dutch= ā€˜bootā€™) for all 3 images the same nameā€¦

But a problem I see: when I click on a wrong tab:settings : I can not any more go to my settings of my animationā€¦ please let it be possible that the animation still stays on top while a person/student should be clicking wrong tab because sometimes they go to settings in stead of ā€˜navigatorā€™ā€¦

look to my printscreen video Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

Thanks to make ā€™ change targetā€™ purple bar to know that you also can click the navigator if you need the navigator (=think to all people that sometimes click wrongā€¦) :slight_smile:
Thanks
Karel

please check also my problem with the Sticky menu:

Just wanted to add that this inability to rename an element happens really often recently and it would be nice to have this fixed.

@magicmark Hello today my student also has again the same problem

Look to the printscreenvideo Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

and preview of the website:
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/ibtissam-valentijn?utm_source=ibtissam-valentijn&preview=36b01dbab8b2c790056410faa9ee351d

WEBFLOW PLEASE TEST IT OUTā€¦
Karel

@dram @KarelRosseel82 :wave:

Iā€™ve created an issue for our engineers to have a look at and Iā€™ve used the screenshares and sites as a reference for them to see.

I will keep you posted. For now, the solution is to remove the element and replace it with a fresh one from the add panel. I genuinely know this is a pain to do when it happens.

As and when it keeps occurring, please do let me know as I can bump the priority. If you see/hear of other users with this issue then feel free to point them in this direction too. :pray:

3 Likes

I made a ā€œScroll into viewā€ interaction for the texts layers of my subtitles.
I wanted to apply it to all my subtitles by setting the actions on class instead of ā€œthis elementā€, but then the name goes blank and these actions donā€™t happen.

34 26

Any idea where that comes from? is it a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Hi @Philemon :wave:

This is currently a known bug, and has been reported to our engineers who have a fix in their radar.
Itā€™s happening when you add a class to an element which is showing in the style panel, but is not showing up in the navigator. You cannot rename the class either.

The workaround in this case is to remove the element entirely, and add it again from the add panel, giving it a new class. This solves the issue in most cases, and I appreciate itā€™s not very practical at all, so fingers crossed a fix will be pushed live.

I will add your comment to the issue Iā€™ve posted with our engineers, and thank you for taking the time to report the issue.

Please keep me updated if this occurs again, and we will post back once a fix is pushed live.

1 Like

Thanks Mark,
I saw it happen ones before and I figured deleting was the solution.
I saw @dram mentioned itā€™s occurring more lately, could it be due to the beta style panel? just an idea.
If I happen to see a specific action that trigger this bug Iā€™ll let you know.

@magicmark is there already a fix for this problem?
I get also the problem when I want to change the name of a div with a rich-text-element today.

Please can you look to my printscreen video

my project:
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/karelrosseel-wistia-imgur-gif?utm_source=karelrosseel-wistia-imgur-gif&preview=915ea1d8252e980ecd15edce8d376f4b

this issue about the white line problem of an IMGUR.com gif animation I discussed in this topic:
Problem WHITE LINE under the IMGUR.com gif-animation into rich-text-block! + solution no mousehover over gif anymore

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.