None of my changes/additions are saving?

I’m trying to create my site body content and footer. I add the sections or containers, set a background fill color and check the preview but they don’t show up. I publish them and check the live site and they don’t show up. I’ve exported and checked those as well, but nothing shows up.

Public link: https://webflow.com/design/the-way?preview=0f8578e5c6273aad8dec52ae87b84047

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I was just trying to save some text and it wouldn’t save, too. Looks like it’s working again now though. Hopefully yours is good to go now, too.

Why is this flagged as invisible?

Hey @thewayback, sorry about that, your post was falsely auto-flagged by our @spamninja account - I’m tweaking the parameters to make sure it doesn’t happen again.

For your issue, are you seeing any errors in the JavaScript Console (in the View > Developer) menu during save operations? Are you seeing the check icon appear in the top right corner of the top bar that indicates that changes have been saved?

Seems to be working now, not sure what happened, for about 30 minutes nothing would update.

Hi @thewayback, I am glad to hear it is working now for you. About the issue, one thing it could have been, is that empty sections or containers, that you apply a fill color too, will not show up in preview or published mode, unless there is some height value given in the styles panel. I cannot say if that was the issue, but I have seen that happen before. In the design mode, empty elements have “height” so that you can view the elements in the design view, but if the elements are empty when you preview or publish, then the elements will collapse and have no height, thus it may appear like they are not visible.

If you have any further issue, please let us know, we are here to help :smile:

Cheers, Dave