Need help: Google search console can't read weblfow's sitemap

Hello everyone,

I hope you are doing well. I know this subject has been treated plenty of times on this forum but I didn’t find the way to resolve my issue.

I don’t understand why the google search console can’t read my sitemap and thus rank my website. Here are the settings I have on webflow :

Here is what I get from google search console:

Here is my sitemap:
https://calvine.eu/sitemap.xml

I hope you will be able to help me.

Best,
Valentin

Here is my site Read-Only: Webflow - Calvine website

Also, when I test the URL on the GSC, everything seems to work well:

Change that to https://www.calvine.eu/sitemap.xml

Hello Jeff,

Thanks for your answer but it doesn’t work neither, check the screen below:

Also I can see that my url have now been indexed by google but it could not detect the sitemap

The reason I gave you the new URL is because the non www is redirecting. Leave it as I provided and wait.

Also understand that Google does not need a sitemap to start a crawl process. External links from already crawled pages will kickstart the process just fine.

Ok thank you very much for your help.

I’ll leave it this way for a week and let you know if it worked.

Have a good day!

Hello,

After almost 2 weeks, I still have an issue with my sitemap not being indexed. This is very frustrating as I publish a lot of new SEO articles and my website is not updated properly in Google.

Do you have any idea to fix it ?

Please find attached a screen of my GSC URL:

Best regards,

Valentin

Google has indexed pages on your site irregardless of whether they are showing an error in the search console. Your XML sitemap is formatted correctly and available to crawlers.

Google has to deal with millions of sites and yours has zero backlinks so they don’t have a reason to do more. As an SEO practitioner for over 20 years I would strongly advise you to start building some quality backlinks and activity on social media so Google and other search engines have a reason to actually show results to searchers.