Mobile Website optimization

Hi,

We recent published our website using Webflow. Using different tools to optimize the website we run into completely different scores in term of loading speed for desktop and mobile. Did anyone else run into such discrepancies too ?

The website

Using PageSpeed we have a 10s load time on mobile which is… not ideal

We also have a 3s load time on desktop which is a lot considering how empty some pages are.

It doesn’t look like it comes from our DNS provider as the problem is the same on the webflow hosted version of the site
However, using the webflow read-only link there is almost no load time.

Looking into the details, it looks like webflow js scripts takes a large part of this humongus load time. I currently have no idea on how to fix this.

Any help will be greatly appreciated thanks :slight_smile:

Hi @Auxilia,

Welcome to the forum!

The white screen on load and delay in load time is being caused by Google Optimize. You can test this by removing the tag from Project Settings > Integrations > Google Optimize and see if it fixes the issue.

Google Optimize causes the slow load times because of the way they built the implementation. The way that Google Optimize has built this integration is so that the anti flicker code can work in the background to populate your data while the site loads content.

I’d recommend removal of the Google Optimization from your Project Settings, and then implement it with your own code in the project code section (remove the Google Optimize from your project settings).

Here is some information on how to implement custom code into your Webflow project:

Hope this helps!

It worked !
Thanks a lot, we’ll manage without google optimize for now.
You saved me from a lot of headaches

1 Like