Marquee interaction troubleshooting, any Experts?

Hi,

I’m trying to learn about Webflow and I’ve got issues finding out why a project I’ve copied from a clone does not work as intended.

The cloneable project works fine (marquee on mouse effect), but as soon as I copy everything on a blank new project, it doesn’t work and I can’t figure out what I’m missing.

I’ve checked the code, the IX on all the elements, on the page, everything I could think of.

Here is my site Read-Only: Webflow - WEBSITE. and published : menu marquee

Here is the working clone : Webflow - menumarquee and published version : https://menumarquee.webflow.io/

Any help appreciated.

Edit : added published links.

hi @Deborah_D you are missing custom code from page setting where JS code trigger interactions on mouse over and out.

Thank you for your answer, I had already copied this custom code over though, am I missing something else to get it to work ?

hi @Deborah_D I do not see code in your READ ONLY link

Do you mean you can’t see it on the READ ONLY link or it isn’t there at all ? I just double checked and the code is on both pages, working one and non working one.

Hi @Deborah_D here is screenshot form yours not working READ-ONLY you share with others.

CleanShot 2023-02-17 at 18.10.46

@Stan It’s on the last page : “menu marquee”

you can try this as instead

This one works, thanks, but I still don’t know what wasn’t working with the first one and I wish to understand…

hi @Deborah_D I can’t tell as you didn’t shared source of clonable template (be able to clone it and test in my project) and from published or read-only link I can’t tell what is the difference between yours and original version. It can be anything different class name, positioning, interaction , custom code somewhere, your project settings etc. etc.

What you can do is to create a new project clone this element and try if it works, then compare it with your element project where element doesn’t work.

If you do not have further question related to your issue feel free to close your request as solved.

hi @Deborah_D do you need further assistance with your request ?