Make nav item selected when viewing collection item from that category

I have a collection called Artworks. In that collection, there are two categories made with reference fields (Works on Paper and Works on Canvas).

In my main nav, I created link for Works on Paper and Works on Canvas. Each links to a static page that has a collection list and displays Artworks filtered by the category.

When viewing a static page, the link in the nav is in the current state.

When you click an artwork, it takes you to the Artworks template CMS collection page. The category in the main nav is no longer in the current state.

Is there any way to make the nav show the current state based on the category of the artwork when viewing an Artworks template page?

Category page: Works on Paper by Evan Reehl Ryer
Artwork page: https://evan-reehl-ryer.webflow.io/artwork/undisturbed-sediment-working-title

Thank you!

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

1 Like

Related to this question is how can I have the artwork category (e.g. Works on Canvas) appear in the URL? Currently, the URL shows the collection category.

For example: The Eddy (working title) by Evan Reel Ryer

Has anyone found a solution to this? I’m running into the same issue with my site and am hoping to update the collection instance of my nav symbol, but can’t figure out how to do it.