Line break in csv file

Hi
The import us failing when I try to import table to collection list, I found that the problem is that part of the fields are including “line break”. is that a known issue?
TIA

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hi @shokoaviv

Thanks for posting — that definitely sounds odd.

If there are line breaks in some text content in your CSV file, you’ll need to make sure these are mapped to a field that can handle line breaks – either the Rich Text field or a multi-line plain text field.

Can you send me the site Read-Only links please, as well as a copy or small portion of the CSV file you are trying to upload (you can send the file to us here, or directly to me in a DM).

Can you also please try the following:

Could you also please let me know what browser version you’re using by sending me your information from this page?

There should be a small share link when you visit the page which you can send to me.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hi @shokoaviv

Thanks for sending that CSV file over. I’m testing on this end now and will report back when I have more information.

Hi @shokoaviv

Thanks again for posting about this — after some more testing I was able to successfully import the CSV when using plain text fields with multi-line selected.

Structure I used:

The line breaks showed up as expected as well:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.