Items disappear in Navigator

Hi everybody,

I built a custom navbar on a website which was working perfectly fine as usual, but suddenly it stopped being displayed correctly. The entire menu disappeared from the navigator and the designer. Instead, it shows the class of an item which I used on the home page, but hadn’t placed in the navbar at all. All elements I had placed inside the menu disappeared. When I click on it, it takes me to that item on the home page.

Screenshot 2021-02-11 at 12.21.08

Probably worth noting that I used Finsweets custom code for a CMS slider. I’ve never had issues with that before, but maybe it’s connected to the issue here.

I tried restoring an earlier version of the page from when I knew everything was working fine, but it’s still now working.

I’ve contacted weblfow support about this, but the project has a pretty tight deadline, so if it’s possible, I’d love to get help with this today :see_no_evil:.

Here’s the loom I’ve sent them where I explain the issue in more detail: https://www.loom.com/share/42c127108a444c7e8b6096edae204b48

Here’s the read only link: Webflow - Elektro Waser

I guess it’s because you’ve placed dynamic elements (feedback image, feedback text, …) not inside a collection list item

When you undo and create the Nav symbol again, that’s the error message you get

You should take a look a that

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

I haven’t though. I’ve never had these classes in the navbar / menu. They just appear there…

If you wanna put your “feedback slide” inside your “menu” div, you have to use a collection list element

Or what do you wanna put in this “menu” div ?

I don’t want the feedback slide in the menu. That’s a completely unrelated item I only use on the homepage. This is precisely my issue. I don’t know why the elements and classes I used in the menu disappeared and were replaced by the class “feedback slide”. I don’t want it there and didn’t use any class called “feedback slide” in the menu. Only your usual ones “Nav Link”, “drop down wrapper” etc. Hope that makes sense.

My question is: why has everything I did there disappeared and where has this “feedback slide” class come from. I tried deleting it in the menu. But because every time I click on the “feedback slide” class in the menu, it takes my down to the element on the home page - I can’t delete it.

I observed this on your share so this looks like a bug in the designer. Can you go back to a restore point before you observed this behavior?

I tried this, but it didn’t work. The bug was still there when I restored it.

Oo ok …

To delete it it’s easy : undo the Nav symbol, and then select the feedback slide element and delete it

I think you’ll have to rebuild what was inside that menu div though …

Urgh. I’d really rather not :weary:
If there’s any way of restoring it, that would be utterly amazing :pleading_face:

Either way, it would be great to know what caused the issue, so I don’t run into it again when I rebuild the elements

I was able to fix it by deleting the collection lists on the page and the rebuilding the nav bar and the collection lists. I just hope this won’t re-appear. If any of you guys know why this happened, do let me know! :blush:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.