Impact font not displaying correctly

Hi guys

Has anyone else experienced a problem with the font “Impact” not displaying correctly on ipad and mobile devices. It seems to be working fine on my mac, just not an ipad or iphone. It’s not a custom font, it’s part of the font options on the default webflow editor

Below is a screenshot on my mac

Here is a screenshot on my ipad

Here is a screenshot on my phone

I can’t figure out what the problem might be, tried opening it up in chrome and safari, but still the same problem

Here is my site Read-Only: Webflow - Wilder Pet Foods

Also here is a link to my site wilderpetfoods.co.za

Thank you in advance for any help :wink:

Hi @Janniesmuts,

Thank you so much for reaching out about the Impact font not showing on mobile devices as expected. I imagine that is not what you were expecting, but I’m happy to help!

The problem here is the font itself. The Impact font is not available by default on iOS and Android devices and it will be substituted by browsers on these devices as it is a licensed font from Microsoft.

The way to “overcome” this would be to find similar font and use it as a substitute for mobile devices. There are some useful recommendations here (look for Google webfonts suggestions as those can easily be used with Upfront - you can add them via “Manage Fonts” option in “Theme Settings”):

https://graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/questions/20877/free-alternatives-to-impact

Hopefully this was helpful :nerd_face:

Thank you so much for the help and recommendations, very much appreciated

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.