Images missing / not uploading

Hello,
Last night I was working on a website and had finished it to send to a client. This morning when I was publishing it I noticed one of the sections is missing. The actual section exists in the structure but the images in it have vanished. Looking into the Assets panel, they had no thumbnails. I deleted those assets and uploaded them again, but they still do not have a thumbnail, nor can I place them on the site.

I aready quit and relaunched Chrome, cleared the cache, tried viewing a backup, but they’re all missing those images. The upload process feels a little weird too, as after the upload is done the placeholders for the images in the assets panel takes a long time to appear.

Is anything going on because of the e-Commerce feature update?

missing%20images

Hey @fernando1lins

I noticed some issues over the past couple days. Just a personal theory, but i believe it has something to do with implementing responsive images in eCommerce.

For now, i would recommend renaming the original image files and re uploading.

Hi Julian, thanks for the reply.
I just tried that, but these images aren’t showing at all in the design. They appear as a 1x1 dot. I re-exported them from Photoshop with new names, tried setting the height and widths on the properties panel, but they show as an empy square. I checked for any styles or settings that could be hiding the images, couldn’t find anything.

[Edit: image]

image%20issue%20webflow

Can you send me a preview link of your project so I can look more closely?

Sure: http://chdev-ui.webflow.io/

Sorry, I meant a Webflow preview link. you can get it here. Also, if you can include one of the raw images in your reply that would help also.

Ooops, sorry.

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/chdev-ui?utm_source=chdev-ui&preview=7549704921c55d8444b421fc744375fc

ch-social-instagram

Hmm, interesting. It seems to be displaying fine for me.

Which browser are you using? I use Chrome… I would suggest clearing your cache and possibly rebooting your computer. Seems to be something with your browser or connection. At least from what I can see.

preview00202 preview001

I’ll reboot, clearing the cache did not work :confused:
Thanks for testing it out!

1 Like

I’m getting different results in Opera and Chrome on the published site, so something’s really off with my connection or the webflow servers.

Hi @fernando1lins,

Looks like the asset thumbnails are displaying as expected:

Can you please try to reproduce the error using Incognito mode with browser extensions turned off? Browse in private - Computer - Google Chrome Help

Hi @Nita, it seems the issue was with Chrome, as under Opera the images showed fine on the final website. Thanks for the help.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.