I need a list/table field in collections... any ideas on how to solve this?

I need to make a dynamic list where the end user can add more price groups AND more price items inside the different price groups (see image bellow). In Webflow this in reality means a dynamic list inside a dynamic list, which is not possible.

It would be REALLY nice is there was an option in Webflow collections for tables/list where the end user could add more rows!

Hi @Christoffer,

I have built many Webflow CMS websites recently so I may be of help to you.

Add a dynamic list in a container and select the correct collection which contains the price item and currency, then either use flexbox or 2 columns and insert a text block in each, go to settings and ‘get inner text’ for this text block and filter the category (price group).

Let me know if it works out for you.

Kind regards,
Naweed

Thanks for your reply @nwdsha. I have tried this approach, but the problem is that there is no way for the user to dynamically add more groups without me manually going in and making a new dynamic list and setting filtering for the specific group every time the user makes a new product group!

I made a photoshop mock-up of what I think would be a very useful function in collections. This way the user can dynamically add more list items inside a dynamic item. Think this could be very useful for many things?

@Christoffer,

Please post your share link so I can look further into this for you, there may be a workaround Share a read-only link | Webflow University.

Best,
Naweed

1 Like

Hi @nwdsha

Here is a share link: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/medilaser?preview=0cbc18017143d8adcab2ad3ad2205aea

Thank you @Christoffer.

This calls for a submission to http://wishlist.webflow.com as I would definitely vote for it. In the meantime, you need to continue with manual creation.

All the best,
Naweed

Yes, I agree! I will submit it!

Thanks for your time @nwdsha :slight_smile:

You’re welcome @Christoffer! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.