I can't edit my menu or contact form

Hey Fam,

I don’t know how to edit my contact form or menu overlays on this template.

I switched to the new nav on the left and now seem to have forgotten how I originally edited the elements.

I have trawled through mulitple forum entries with this problem but it seems to differ based on what template is being used and none of the advice applies to this one.

Please help me to locate and edit my menu and contact form overlays.

Here is my site Read-Only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/happys-wondrous-project?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=dashboard&utm_content=happys-wondrous-project&preview=e5545e1afbfdf5da2e581f9d57889c4c&mode=preview

Hi Travis,

These kind of templates should come with documentation on how to do these kind of things…

Anyway,
If you’ll change the Menu element’s left property to 0% you will be able to see the menu =>

As a general rule, if you have an element that opens with an interaction (such as the menu) - go to the trigger element (the menu button) and examin the interaction. There you will be able to see exactly what is needed.

Another idea is to create a combo class for the menu (eg. .open) and give this combo class the needed properties to “open the menu”. This way you can simple add and remove the class in the designer so you can open and close the menu.

As usual nothing short of stellar community service. Thank you very much. I am away from the desktop now but will apply and revert ASAP. Many thanks :pray:t4:

1 Like

It works, I love you, this case is solved!

And I have created the ‘open’ setting which is really helpful!

Hi again - a new problem that I cannot seem to solve has come up with a similar issue. While I can get the menu up applying the above advice, the contact form that opens animates in a completely different way and again I cannot find how to open it to edit it. It’s when you click the pink contact button above the google map. The template has no manual and when trying to link to the template page it seems to have now been removed. I’m 98 hours on this now so don’t want to lose the work for this last detail.

My link is still: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/happys-wondrous-project?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=happys-wondrous-project&preview=e5545e1afbfdf5da2e581f9d57889c4c&mode=preview

I have solved it. Thanks anyway we can close this now.