How to change the preview image shown when you share your website URL?

Hi community,

When I share my website to folks or on Linkedin, the default image shown is a webflow one from the initial template I used.

Instead of showing a glimpse of my actual design. See example below.

Thanks in advance for your help!

IMG_1971

Open your page Settings, you have OG fields. Title description and image for when you share the URL are mostly coming from there. It’s the Open Graph technology. It’s been created by Facebook and open sourced, Facebook still holds the database of OG content.

So, when you’ll have changed your images and title and stuff, you won’t necessarily see any change when sharing the URL again. You need to go to Facebook to t̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶M̶a̶r̶k̶ make is scrape the OG data again.

It’s here Sharing Debugger - Facebook for Developers
Paste your URL there and click Scrape Again

Thanks Vincent ! Apologies, are you referencing the Project settings ?

The page settings. Gear icon on page tab
CleanShot 2022-03-31 at 18.32.51@2x

Fabulous, thank you so much Vincent!!

Hey, I’m having the same issue except on Telegram. Do I need to debug for Telegram since its not related to Facebook? If so, how do I do it?

Yeah, AFAIK FB only stores open graph data about its internal pages, profiles, etc., and for links shared on FB or via Messenger stores everything it can. Use FB’s debug tool to force a refresh of Meta’s cache, and that may update it for a number of sites including Twitter. ( See Vincent’s note below )

For Telegram, I found this-

That’s not true. Re-scraping from fb dev page also impact many other channels such as twitter.