How do I add images in a csv upload?

It’s not clear how this is accomplished. We have a catalog with loads of images, that goes to loads of products. Is the only way to get the primary and additional images into a product by adding them manually?

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

If each image is publicly available with a URL (e.g. in an S3 bucket or a public folder somewhere), then you can import them all using a tool like PowerImporter’s CSV Import. Simply put the URLs in your CSV file and upload it to PowerImporter.

Otherwise, feel free to DM me and I’ll find a way to help.

1 Like

Hi @JudoHacker , I have thousands of photos on my hard drive that I would like to attach to CMS items, one photo per item. Can PowerImporter upload from a local drive, or does it need publicly available URL’s?

Uploading directly from my hard drive would be MUCH better for me. But if that isn’t an option and I have to use URL’s, can I (1) host the images somewhere temporarily, (2) use PowerImporter to import them to the CMS database, and then (3) remove them from the external hosting? In other words, when PowerImporter imports them to CMS, does it copy the images into the WF assets and CMS will point to the WF asset location? Or will the CMS items keep the URL after the import and expect the images to remain hosted externally?

Sorry for all the questions. PowerImporter seems like it might be the best way to get my thousands of images from my drive into CMS, and I’m just trying to figure out the best way to do it. I’d rather go directly from A to B, but if I have to temporarily set up a middle man, even that would be much better than dragging 4000 things into the CMS database one at a time.

Thanks!

Yes, once PowerImporter is finished importing the images from your temporary external hosting into the CMS, you can safely delete that hosting.

1 Like

Fantastic, I think PowerImporter is going to be my best option then. Thanks for the quick reply!