How do I upload images in a .csv?

I’m building a product catalog for a print company and although it’s not eCommerce, I still need to upload loads of images and associate them with specific products. I’m not quite sure how to do that bulk upload of images? Do I put them all into Google Drive and use the direct link as the host?

I feel like there is not Webflow University post about this.

1 Like

Hello.
Maybe this helps?

This video just covers csv uploads in general - not really what needs to take place in order to upload a series of images in a csv upload.

1 Like

It’s tricky. In your CSV file, you must put the a URL for each image that is a direct, public link to the image.

The simplest solution is to put them in Airtable, and then sync it to Webflow with PowerImporter.

Is there a free option that you know of?

I’ve found, in the short 2 weeks I’ve been learning Webflow, that many times we are told WHAT to do but not HOW or WHERE.

2 Likes

The issue being asked here is if there is a way to upload images in bulk somehow when doing a CSV import.

For example, when you add a new Collection item one by one, you can directly upload the images that will be used in the item. And they upload to the Webflow CDN and just work.

But with CSV import, it sounds like you have to either:

1. Upload the images to some third-party CDN and edit the URLs in the CSV to that CDN
  2. Upload the images to Webflow, manually first, then edit the URLs in the CSV to the Webflow CDN

I’m pretty sure these two options are the only way it can possibly work. I’d be curious on best practices when choosing option 2.

EDIT: After finally performing a 1000+ item import, images are in fact uploaded to Webflow’s CDN (from their current third party host at the time of importing) and then hosted from Webflow.

2 Likes

It’s been a year since this post - is this outlined method from @evolross still the only way to do this? I use notion for everything and rather not need to switch to airtable for CMS.

Notion uses a CDN as well. If you can get the image URL, you should be able to use them in your Webflow CSV for upload.

1 Like

I have the same question. @evolross said it, the issue is how to UPLOAD images in bulk when importing through a CSV. I wonder if including an internal link to where it’s located in my computer will pull them up when the csv is being uploaded :thinking:

It’s been a couple of years since this thread started… Does anybody have a webflow-native solution to uploading products in bulk including pictures that are not hosted anywhere?

No, webflow is web-based, and the CSV importer cannot see your HDD or access your files.
The images you want to upload need to be publicly accessible via URLs somewhere… Dropbox, Netlify, Google Drive, an FTP folder…

I see. If I were to import a CSV with links to images that are publicly hosted elsewhere, would they always be hosted elsewhere, or is it just for import and then Webflow saves them to host them?
Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

It’s just for the import.