Hosting Subscription Discounts

Hi,

I wanted to get the opinion of other webflow users on this one. I currently charge some of my clients with only a monthly cost, and now the prices have doubled for CMS and even tripled for basic hosting. There are also caps on pageviews and dynamic items. As many other users on webflow may think, this can be quite the problem.

Will previous clients be grandfathered in with their previous price? If not, then many of will start loosing money with our clients.

Thankyou.

2 Likes

This was planned before hand…

you could read more about it here:

1 Like

Thanks @VladimirVitaliyevich, I appreciate your help. After contacting support I still may be missing something here. All the clients I currently have that were setup before December 19th their pricing will not change?

Hi @Cameron_Johnson

Hosting pricing won’t change for for subscriptions that were setup before today. However, that discount will end on July 2017.

hope this helps :slight_smile:

Thankyou @PixelGeek! So that means on July 2017 my current clients will no longer be grandfathered in. Or does that mean any clients I add now will only get 50% off until July 2017.

I’m sorry I sound repetitive, I just trying to make sure I get exactly whats going on.

Thanks!

your current hosting pricing (if setup before July 17 under a Personal, Pro, or Team plan) will only last until you cancel it. meaning you keep it forever.

Also, let me break it down further…

Old pricing for CMS (monthly):
CMS hosting - $10
editor branding - $5
SSL - $5
Extra CMS items - $10 (per 500 items)
Extra Collaborators - $6 (per extra seat)

New pricing for CMS (monthly):
CMS hosting - $20
editor branding - $0
SSL - $0
Extra CMS items - $0 (up to 2,000 items)
Extra Collaborators - $0 (up to 3 seats)

1 Like

Thankyou again. Doesn’t this cause a problem for every designer who told their clients it would be a certain price? Now we either have to go back on our word, or pay for it ourselves

Is there anything we can do to change this, I rather not have the SSL and Editor Branding, or extra collaborators as I don’t need them. Now we are just paying for something we don’t need.

I appreciate your help and I don’t mean to sound un-grateful, I just am concerned because I spoke with a client today about the price increase and now they want to go to an external host.

aaaahhh!!! :frowning: super sorry. talked to a colleague. I updated my post above.

your current hosting pricing (if setup before July 17 under a Personal, Pro, or Team plan) will only last until you cancel it. meaning you keep it forever.

1 Like

Oh that is such a relief, I was so worried about that, I thought I was about to loose credibility with clients and end up paying out of pocket every month. I have heard quite a few different options, is that definitely how it is?

Hi @Cameron_Johnson, yes, once a subscription is added to a site, the subscription price with discount is locked in.

The deadline for adding hosting subscriptions with a discount, for those who were on Personal plan, or upgraded to Pro/team plans before Dec 19, is July 1, 2017.

If your client is paying $5, $7.50 or $10 today, they will pay that price forever until the subscription is cancelled.

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thankyou @cyberdave, @PixelGeek and @VladimirVitaliyevich, you have all been such a wonderful help. I am so happy you are all here to help, by far the best support I have seen in any company and industry!

Thankyou so much!

1 Like

@cyberdave @PixelGeek Is the CMS hosting $20/month billed monthly or $24? On the billing tab of a site I want to go live with I am seeing $20 ($16 if annual). And on the external webflow pricing page it is showing two different prices… $24 and $20: https://webflow.com/pricing/designer-plans

1 Like

Depending on where you look, the new monthly pricing for CMS hosting is stated to be either $24 or $20. Back on November 2nd the heads up note on new pricing also said CMS hosting monthly would be $20.

So now I’m confused. Is it $20 per month or $24 per month for all new CMS hosting plans?

@bmg Oops, that was indeed confusing :frowning: It was a typo on the Monthly price on that page (now fixed) - should be $20/mo! Thanks for catching that.

Any updates on the hosting discounts for new pro or team users? Site password protection is live now or do we need to upgrade?

Closed due to inactivity. Please open a new discussion topic if you have specific feedback, ideas, or concerns. You should also contact Webflow support at support@webflow.com should you have any account, hosting, or payment related issues.