Hiding all references of Webflow in code

Hi Guys,

I’ve noticed in the hosting section of the settings it gives you the ability to hide the Webflow branding from the HTML but I am still seeing references of Webflow coming up in the code.

How do I hide this altogether?

Which part in the code are you referring to?

There are certain people that I don’t want to see I use Webflow even though it’s the best thing since sliced bread :wink:

You can either export your code and rename your CSS files, or hide it completely with our white-labeling feature:
https://help.webflow.com/article/how-to-enable-whitelabeling-for-a-webflow-cms-site

Thanks @PixelGeek :smile:

@UberGeekie When hosting with Webflow paths to site assets (images) still use Webflow’s uploads url (http://uploads.webflow.com/) despite checking the white label option. So unfortunately you can’t “hide it completely” as @PixelGeek mentioned. This is a wish list request already.

1 Like

To truly white-label the site… you need to

1. remove the webflow branding
  2. rename the webflow js file
  3. rename the webflow css file
  4. rename all class webflow class and object references

The object reference is the most difficult.

Selecting the Hosting / Publishing Option only addresses item 1.

If you review the html tag… you will see references… and if you google the references (which I won’t display here because I don’t want it indexed with the rest of the webflow posts) - guess what website will appear in the #1 position.

1 Like

Well… I was partially wrong here. It seems Webflow has made some changes.

The webflow.js file has been renamed to the project name.

If you open the project js file… you see things like

/*!

• Webflow: Front-end site library
  • @license MIT
  • Inline scripts may access the api using an async handler:
  • var Webflow = Webflow || ;
  • Webflow.push(readyFunction);
    */

And here’s the object reference I mentioned:
var Webflow = {};
var modules = {};
var primary = ;
var secondary = window.Webflow || ;

And then of course… there’s the NoBranding thing in the code

if (doBranding) {
      var $branding = $('<div></div>');
      var $link = $('<a></a>');
      $link.attr('href', 'http://webflow.com?utm_campaign=brandjs');
2 Likes

Hi @KProServices, It would be nice to get a truly white label option as I don’t want some competitors seeing that tools I use.

My gut feeling is the file path issue will likely be resolved if/when new file or asset managers roll-out… pure speculation on my part.

If someone really needed to find out what tool you are using, they will find a way. BuiltWith.com is a simple way to figure out all the tech someone is using. But in any case, why would you need to hide your toolset anyway?

1 Like

Generally, you hide the toolset as a form of passive defense against security holes. While I’m sure WebFlow does a good job at keeping things secure, none of the senior developers are naive enough to believe it’s utterly bulletproof.

Hey @PixelGeek, just had a look at that built with.com and it’s scary.

It’s just a competitor of mine likes to pretty much copy everything I do so wanted to keep Webflow my little secret haha! :wink:

On the internets, nothing is a secret :wink: Just learn more than your competitor. Tools are accessible to everyone. Knowledge is accessible to only those that apply it.

4 Likes

I really don’t understand why the discussion always degrades down to

• “why would you hide”…

That implies “we” … “who want a white-labeled system”…
"are doing something illegal… or
“are not proud of our work”.

I’m extremely proud of my work.
And I am 100% ethical in what I do.

I am not trying to hide ANYTHING.

1 Like

That is very true indeed, I like your style.

Learning all the animations and 3D transforms are next on my list.