Google Sheets to Webflow CMS Zap Not Working

I am having trouble with a Zap from Google Sheets to the Webflow CMS. Essentially, the CMS requires a “slug” but for some reason when I run the Zap with the website I have I receive

"We had trouble sending your test through.

The app returned “‘fields.slug’ invalid input”. This usually happens when your Zap is missing a required field or a field value isn’t in a recognized format."

I’d love to get rid of the need for the slug but I dont think thats possible. Is there another way to make this work? More than willing to get more detailed if necessary. I assume it’s an easy fix, I just haven’t been able to figure it out yet.

what is the value that you’re passing as a Slug through Zapier?

1 Like

Honestly, Im not sure what to put. I’ve tried my webflow webpage name (https://diversifyingsuccess.webflow.io/), i’ve added the collection name after the slash but honestly not sure where to go from here.

Should it be different for every entry?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Exactly. The slug should be unique for each one of the items inside a collection list. Example: my-blog-post-04 . Remember , this will be part of a link so don’t use special characters, spaces and etc.

If you’re still unsure , go inside a project in Webflow and add an item to the collection list, you’ll understand what the slug in a CMS item means

1 Like

Ok, I understand now but now Im not sure if what I am trying to do will work. It definitely use work but it seems this slug part is new to the collections list.

I am following this tutorial (https://www.makerpad.co/tutorial/job-board-in-webflow). I am trying to make a job board. The way its supposed to work is you fill out a form on typepad, those answers are put onto a google sheet with zapier then those answers come from that google sheet and are inserted into the CMS with zapier.

The problem is there is no way to get that slug into the google sheet (at least I dont think)… especially since it changes everytime.

Is there a way to get rid of slug being a requirement on my CMS list?

Or a way to have the slug insert correctly into my google sheet?

i figured it out. For anyone who sees this and runs into a similar issue.

Dont change the name from “slug” to something else :man_facepalming:t6:

1 Like

I’m not understanding how this is a solution? @talktohenryj can you explain this in more detail?

i.e., did you receive the slug value from webflow or are you creating a random key? And when you pass that to webflow, are you doing anything special (formatting, random numbers, etc.)?

I’m having the issue where it’s asking for a slug, I’ve created one combining two random fields, but still getting the zapier The app returned “‘fields.slug’ invalid input”… For reference, I’m using Webflow forms to Gsheets, then Gsheets to Webflow CMS all via Zapier.

Thanks!

I would probably need to see what’s happening on your end but or me I was changing the label from slug to something else and that was my problem.

I have come to the point that I realized I am a rookie at Webflow. I mostly just hire people to fix my problems now lol. That said, I may not be the most helpful person but I hope what I said does help.

I am facing the exact same issue now! Did you manage to find a solution to this? Would really appreciate the help, I looked through the forum and couldn’t find a solution from anyone else!

Yes I’m still stuck with the Zap! I couldn’t work it out. Google Sheets to Webflow CMS Zap Not Working - #9 by Carmen_T

Not exactly sure why Zapier is failing here, but as a short-term workaround you could use Airtable instead of GSheets and then just use Whalesync to sync into the Webflow CMS.

We’re going to build a Google Sheets integration soon, but in the meantime might be easier coming from Airtable since our sync is purpose-built around moving data into Webflow.

If you’re still building a job board, we have a MakerPad tutorial for that as well: How to build a no-code job board

I think I’ve figured it out (almost, but doesn’t make complete sense but happy with the result)… I was getting this error until I published my site, once I published it the error stopped and it worked exactly as I expected.