Few must-have feature requests

Loving the new CMS features of Webflow! Well done. THere are a few crucial features that are missing for me:

1. Add Repeater options for each field (i.e. users could add as many Date / Time fields as they wanted, not just one – referencing a separate Collection sometimes doesn’t make sense for things like multiple dates for an event)
  2. Offer separate Date and Time fields
  3. Offer the ability to add prefixes and suffixes to fields like the Number field, for things like currency display, i.e. $4.99, up to 6 students, 45", etc.)
  4. MUST HAVE a Select Field (dropdown list that is order-able and perhaps linkable to another Collection); not sure why this isn’t part of the system out of the gate. How else would one set up options for say, Colors: Red, White, Green, Yellow, Blue?

Thanks in advance,
Matt

1 Like

Hello @ddp

This functionality already exist like Reference and Multi-Reference.

Regards,
Anna

More info on multi reference links here

Hi Anna,

Thanks for the quick reply back on Select Fields. I get the Reference and Multi-Reference fields. The overhead to create a separate Collection just for — in my use case — appointment times in 15 minute increments, seems excessive. In most CMS systems, like Drupal, there is a Select field that can be populated with a list of options. The classic example is the States and Countries dropdown list.

But OK, I’ll hack at it for now, until the Select field is an option. Keep in mind, you have a Select field as an available component in the forms section of Webflow. Half the programming lift is already done on your end, no?

Thanks!
Matt

1 Like

Great to see this new Options field implemented so quickly! Two issues are still stopping me from using it:

I’m getting a 16 options limit error (and frustratingly, it’s only appears after you save the field without error and then save the collection). I need to go from 7:00am to 9:00pm in 15 minute increments: 7:00am, 7:15am, etc. This limit doesn’t even support a USA States or Countries list (which are presented as use-case examples :smile: )
It would be nice to be able to duplicate an Options field. As you can see from my use-case, typing all of those times even twice is very time consuming and prone to errors.
Thanks for continuing to listen to your users.

Matt D

Thanks for the suggestions @ddp! We’re looking into this.

We’ll be increasing the limit for options items to 100. 16 is too low for most use cases. We were trying to be protective of our api-calls but realized that 100 is doable.

Just to add to the option control…

In my mind 100 is still not acceptable. If I needed a user to choose their country, there should be 196 selectable options available - Google

This is just 1 example…this control needs to scale if possible

In case you ever need to have a dropdown with countries you can try a Custom Code solution I’ve been using since 2 years or so.

function addCountries(whereto) {
  var countriesfile = "United States of America, Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Antigua & Deps, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Central African Rep, Chad, Chile, People's Republic of China, Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Danzig, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Gaza Strip, The Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Holy Roman Empire, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Republic of Ireland, Israel, Italy, Ivory Coast, Jamaica, Japan, Jonathanland, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, North Korea, South Korea, Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mount Athos, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Newfoundland, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Ottoman Empire, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Prussia, Qatar, Romania, Rome, Russian Federation, Rwanda, St Kitts & Nevis, St Lucia, Saint Vincent & the, Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Sao Tome & Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad & Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vatican City, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe";
  var countries = countriesfile.split(", ");
  for(var c = 0; c<countries.length; c++) {
    $(whereto).append('<option value="' + countries[c] + '">' + countries[c] + '</option>');
  }
}

Note, that this is a function, so it has to be called. I recommend using this in the footer code and then have something like:

Webflow.push(function() {
  addCountries('#my-option-field');
});

Where #my-option-field is an unique ID of the Option Node.

Please note, that Webflow doesn’t support Custom Code and I’m just sharing one of the codes from library I’ve written a while ago.

Hope this helps :)

1 Like

now how cool would it be if Webflow’s API had a lookup for us to consume for items such as Countries / Exchange Rates / Cat Breeds etc :blush:

(instead of that hard coded list you have there ;))

I agree! We will be opening it up for more options over time. :thumbsup: