Feedback or questions about password protecting CMS collection pages? Drop them in this thread!

Here’s the original update:

2 Likes

This is a great feature I can put to use on an existing project!

4 Likes

Can you add specific passwords for each CMS collection page that draws from a collection field, for example?

I currently have one CMS page for each client, and I’d like them to have their own password— instead of one password that applies to all of the CMS pages.

4 Likes

@gaby_izarra I’m running into an issue wherein no matter what I set the password to be on my CMS pages, I’m told the password is incorrect after publishing the site. I don’t have any issue with passwords on standalone pages, just CMS pages - any ideas why this might be happening?

Did you find any solutions to this? I have the same issue now.

This is being discussed in this thread: Issue with Password Protection - #6 by JakobPindstrup

Might be worth bookmarking in case a solution is mentioned there.

Really glad to see this feature came to the CMS items. I have two questions;

1- Is there a way to differentiate password pages, or is it just one password page for all?

2- Is it possible to password protect a single CMS item, or at least define different passwords for each collection item? (This would be great for different clients having access to different proposals)

Thanks!

2 Likes

Webflow doesn’t seem to be updating my password protection settings for CMS collection pages. I can successfully update password protection for static pages, but for some reason saving a password and publishing to destinations doesn’t update for password protection. Am I doing something wrong? TIA!

I’m able to successfully password-protect a Collection page, but I’m looking to see if there’s a way to do this at the individual Collection Item level.

My personal portfolio has a number of clients/projects in a Collection, and each Collection Item has a “switch” so I can indicate whether it’s a “Private” project or not (since some clients are sensitive to having their projects visible to everyone).

I need something where I can prompt the user with a single Password field if they end up clicking on one of the Private projects (this will be the same password for everyone, and it’s fine if it’s not ultra-secure… it’s just to hide these from most folks).

Is there a way to do this in Webflow? I’d hate to have to create an entire duplicated site just for this… I hate hacks, but is there a way I can do something like this, either with CMS Reference Fields or something? Symbols? Custom code? Anything?

I’ve looked at Memberstack, but unfortunately they don’t have a Free account for such small, personal usage. Looking at the code above that @J8kes posted, where would I even begin to add this in Webflow? I’m not much of a coder, so any help you could provide would be so greatly appreciated!

Thank you so very much!! :slight_smile: