Setting certain CMS Collection items as "private" with link to password-protected page

Hello everyone!

I’m able to successfully password-protect a Collection page, but I’m looking to see if there’s a way to do this at the individual Collection Item level.

My personal portfolio has a number of clients/projects in a Collection, and each Collection Item has a “switch” so I can indicate whether it’s a “Private” project or not (since some clients are sensitive to having their projects visible to everyone).

I need something where I can prompt the user with a single Password field if they end up clicking on one of the Private projects (this will be the same password for everyone, and it’s fine if it’s not ultra-secure… it’s just to hide these from most folks).

Is there a way to do this in Webflow? I’d hate to have to create an entire duplicated site just for this… I hate hacks, but is there a way I can do something like this, either with CMS Reference Fields or something? Symbols? Custom code? Anything?

I’ve looked at Memberstack, but unfortunately they don’t have a Free account for such small, personal usage. Looking at the code above that @J8kes posted, where would I even begin to add this in Webflow? I’m not much of a coder, so any help you could provide would be so greatly appreciated!

Thank you so very much!! :slight_smile:

Were you able to find a workaround for this?

Not really, but I simply created a separate section for Private Work on my website, in the primary navigation, and I password-protected that one. It wasn’t my ideal solution, but one that works for the time being…