E-commerce + Printful

Hi, I think I’ve mostly got my printful store setup. I would to love speak with someone via zoom who has implemented the Webflow/Printful integration with success to make sure I’ve dotted my "I"s and crossed my "T"s before flipping the switch to give me helpful hints.

I’ve looked at what Printful has given in terms of documentation. But I’ve not seen a lot on that end.

Additionally, and this may be a whole separate topic, how to hand out of stock items, etc.

Best,

Nathan

Webflow’s integration with Printful is pretty weak. I have done it and their “Out of Stock” option doesn’t exist. Additionally, you will have trouble with shirt color variations.

I do not recommend unless you are like me and already invested too much time into it. Even then, I am probably switching.

@Jake_Arredondo Thanks for letting me know. Yeah, I have sunk quite a bit of time into it. I was wondering why there wasn’t more education available on the topic from either webflow and/or printful.

Maybe there’s somebody out there that has learned to hack webflow to make the printul/webflow integration more suitable. And, maybe that person would be willing to show/teach me for a good hourly rate?

What are you trying to accomplish? I can put together a list of the issues I have had if that helps.

@Jake_Arredondo A list would probably be really helpful. If nothing else, it could be used to inform @webflow on how to make their printful/webflow integration actually usable.

Here are some of the things that I want to do (coming to it from a beginners mind):

• When Printful is out of stock of a product, have webflow be able to acknowledge that so I can implement a solution that disables checkout and let the user know that the product is out of stock without me having to keep track of things manually.
  • Be able to utilize e-commerce beyond just Printful. I would also like to be able to accept payment for services as well.
    *have colors in a displayable format other than just a dropdown…basically, be able to show it how all other e-commerce stores allow for.

Limitations I have already come across after talking to Printul:
• One cannot add variants (sizes and colors) to a product that is in webflow. One has to delete the product and then add the product back that includes the variants.

Best,

Nathan

I’ll get this to you either tonight or tomorrow.

1 Like

Hi all.
Josh with Foxy here. Our seamless Webflow integration connects to Printful via Zapier, Integromat, Order Desk, and custom webhooks.

Manage your products 100% with Webflow CMS, with complete control of product data, variants, skus, etc. More info here: Webflow | Foxy.io

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need help getting started: hello@foxy.io

Thanks,
Josh

1 Like

Hi @foxy thanks for replying! Can you talk about how Foxy can address the pain points mentioned above? And then also how it addresses the pain points @Jake_Arredondo brings as well?

Best,

Nathan

Hi @nathanphilsteele.
For sure. I have responded to each item below:

When Printful is out of stock of a product, have webflow be able to acknowledge that so I can implement a solution that disables checkout and let the user know that the product is out of stock without me having to keep track of things manually.
Unfortunately, I don’t think there will be a no-code way to handle this. Zapier and Integromat do not have any “out of stock” triggers or actions. So you’d need to use Printful’s API to check for an out of stock product and communicate back to Webflow CMS (where your Foxy products will be managed)

An alternative is to manage products in Airtable and keep things in sync with Webflow CMS with a tool like Power Importer (https://www.powerimporter.com/) Having the data in Airtable may make things a bit more easy to manage and update with APIs.

Be able to utilize e-commerce beyond just Printful. I would also like to be able to accept payment for services as well.
Foxy supports any product type and since we’re not tied to Webflow Ecommerce, you can have all products/services in one CMS Collection or multiple, allowing for different options/templates depending on what’s being sold. Or you can setup static purchase options with CMS (or manage everything in Airtable as mentioned above).

have colors in a displayable format other than just a dropdown…basically, be able to show it how all other e-commerce stores allow for.
Color options could be managed in a CMS collection, allowing you to specify the name, color code, etc. Then use a multi-reference field to specify what colors are available for each product.

You can then setup a Collection List to output the color options as visible buttons/elements that tells Foxy which color is chosen.

One cannot add variants (sizes and colors) to a product that is in webflow. One has to delete the product and then add the product back that includes the variants.
This should be an issue with Foxy + Webflow.

To confirm, we offer an unlimited free trial so you can test things without any risk.

Thanks,
Josh

1 Like

Just an FYI to all those wanting to use the Printful + Webflow Integration:

Webflow is not on the list.

Additionally, these are the only platforms that offer variants (the variety of sizes and colors) being synced up to one’s platform automatically:

Honestly, I never imagined Wix coming out on top over Webflow on something like this. Shopify for sure since e-commerce is their business, but never Wix. Lol

1 Like