E-commerce but no online payments, product list emailed

Is it possible to create an e-commerce site where someone can add products to a cart but instead of buying it online, an email will be sent to the seller with everything the client wants. Then, the seller will get in touch with the client about the order.

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Not natively using Webflow commerce. I suggest you take a look at Foxy.io since Foxy has a catalog mode which can be used to address your requirements. Webflow ecommerce would not be used in this case.

1 Like

Hi @Dave_Edwards.
Josh with Foxy here. With our seamless Webflow integration, you can manage products with Webflow CMS and allow customers to checkout without having to pay. Both customers and store admins can receive order info via email. Also, this info is available via Zapier, Make (formerly Integromat), API, webhooks, etc.

Full details on our Webflow integration can be found here: https://foxy.io/webflow Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need help getting started: hello@foxy.io

Thanks,
Josh

Hi @Dave_Edwards !

Will you need to process any kind of payments on this website ?
Because if you don’t process any payment at all (and you don’t have other requirements), you might not need an eCommerce site at all to do this :

You could have a simple CMS website with a collection for all your products, and under the hood the cart would basically be a simple form element, that is being filled when the user clicks on an Item’s “Add to Cart” button. And the “Check Out” button would basically submit the form to the seller.

Then you can also add an Integromat/Zapier scenario to
-send an automated email to the buyer after each order,
-update the inventory level in your CMS,
-automatically create/send the invoice,
and/or many other features like that, depending on your exact client needs.

That solution would only work for minimal setups though, but it might help in your case.
I’m happy to elaborate more on how I’d make this work if you want :slight_smile:
Otherwise if you have more complex needs I think a solution like Foxy.io is probably your best bet !

Good luck for your build !

2 Likes

This might work. Thanks for your help!