Dynamic product images using stacked transparent png files?

Let’s say I’m selling a product with 3 variation options. A t-shirt for example with multiple shirt colors, multiple graphic colors, and multiple second graphic color options. If I had 3 options for each of those variants, I’d need to make 27 different images in Photoshop to cover all the variants.

But if it was possible, I could use transparent png files and layer them in Webflow by adjusting their z indexes. I’d only need 9 because they would build dynamically. Like this:

Making 27 images isn’t that bad but when you have many more options per variant it can get into the hundreds.

Is this currently possible and I’m just missing how to do it or is it a feature coming soon?

100 isn’t possible because as far as I know you’re limited to 50 variants on all ecommerce plans. And those variants count as items.

Number of items = CMS items + Ecommerce products + products categories + products variants. In Ecommerce, the number of items are limited to 500 1000 and 3000 on the respective 3 ecom plans. But the variants limit is always 50.

Your idea make complete sense though, I don’t know about mixing the graphics, but having a way to superimpose graphics on clothes of various colors is a use case that must be seen often.

Hi @tubes.
This may be possible with Foxy + Webflow since we’re not limited to Webflow Ecommerce variant count limitation. I’d love to chat to see if we can help out.

Mind messaging or sending an email to hello@foxy.io? More info about our seamless Webflow integration can be found here: Webflow | Foxy.io

Thanks,
Josh

Thanks, Vincent. I appreciate the insight.