Dynamic cms slider on homepage from multi-images

hi,

I am trying to set up a portfolio site.

I want all the images from each project from a multi-image field to be put into a slider. I want to display this on my homepage. Why is this so difficult?

thanks
Emma

Here is my public share link: [LINK]
(how to access public share link)

Because Webflow has limitations like 5 items in a nested collection (multi-images) off a collection template. You have to work within the limits.

Hey Emma,

As Jeff mentioned, you are limited to 5 items for any nested collection. However, if you are able to work with that, it’s also important to know that Webflow Sliders cannot be dynamic. I’m not sure why this hasn’t been added yet for so many years, but that’s where we’re at.

With that being said, there are workarounds. One that I would recommend is using the CMS Slider option from Finsweet.

It uses all native Webflow elements including the Slider Element for this case. It’s really easy to use and I think it will at least get you that much closer to where you want to be. Again, you may still run into a 5 item nested collection limit, just so you know. Not sure how many images you’d like to display, but hopefully you can work around that and compromise as like a preview slider for example, until end-users get to the actual case-study page, where people can see all the images and not just 5 of them.

Hope that helps!
Ceers,

– Noah

1 Like

whhhhhhaaaaat?!!!

How can this seriously be real? That the so-called (btw extremely pricy) “professional” website design tool / CMS does not have a dynamic slider that can display multi-images-field images?! I really can absolutely not believe that. That is an extremely expected and very basic functionality. Any comments or updates on this?

Best,
Jonatan.

2 Likes