Data Blog Posts and CMS

Hey all, I am moving my organization’s website to Webflow and we will be using the new CMS. I’m super excited about it and think it’s going to be an awesome upgrade for us.

We deal with a lot of data and we use D3 or Periscope to visualize it. I have two questions on the CMS for blog posts.

1. On the data we don’t want to visualize but want to use a table for, what do we do? Webflow doesn’t have a table option. We’ll need them and need them to be responsive.

2. Our visualizations will be embeds. Will I be able to post embed code into a blog post via a collection? Do I need to add a field for embeds and just live with the fact that all visuals will be up top?

Any feedback you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

On the data we don’t want to visualize but want to use a table for, what do we do? Webflow doesn’t have a table option. We’ll need them and need them to be responsive.

We’d have to build a static table component and be able to bind to it dynamically. We don’t have feature right now but we’re working on a way to port any component (tabs, sliders, lightboxes) with dynamic content. It’s a big undertaking though!

Our visualizations will be embeds. Will I be able to post embed code into a blog post via a collection? Do I need to add a field for embeds and just live with the fact that all visuals will be up top?

We’re working on a way to reference fields in embeds. :slight_smile:

Hey @thesergie - thanks for the feedback! I really appreciate it! I look forward to these features dropping because I need em. Love Webflow, keep up the great work!

Hey @thesergie - any word on embeds in rich text for CMS??? :smile:

1 Like

We’re planning on supporting embeds in Rich Text field through Embedly (they have a lot of providers). As for embedding custom code you’ll be able to add custom code embeds in detail pages and reference fields from the collection.

Will these solve your problem?

Yes, @thesergie - it will! When will support for Embedly arrive? I’d like to start adding content through the CMS!!!

We’re working on it right now. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes!!! Thanks so much! :grinning:

Hey - @thesergie - any word on a date?? I have a client asking and was hoping to give them a concrete answer! :smile:

1 Like

Thanks so much! This is great. I love the Webflow Team!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.