Create page folders like www.site.com/folder/page

I am not sure if my solution is an efficient one but here it is:

https://webflow.com/design/dropdownsite?preview=8a29336056fdc7689a7a4092274bbd4d

I created a column section and then added a different navbar for 2/6 columns.

Could you please send your feedbacks?

Thanks

What are you aiming to do here?

Hi, I have run into this need also to have submenus… while I know that currently webflow not have submenus, I think that @yenikahve is creating multiple columns on the nav bar with multiple menus, and my response to that would be to keep on that track…

Be creative with the menus, and maybe make the design using multiple navs, like your main pages with nav menu on top, then maybe use a nav menu in a sidebar menu for sub pages…

But although I am not sure if using multiple cols in the nav bar will work for your site, I guess it depends on your design, but you have opportunity now to do something different and creative :smile:

Cheers

Ok, since Webflow hasn’t released this feature yet… here’s what I need to do. Webflow can you help advise on how I can do this…

I want to create my site based on the following structure example:

MAIN FOLDER: i.e.
sample.com/main-page-one.html
sample.com/main-page-two.html
sample.com/main-page-three.html … etc.

BUT ALSO WITH SUBFOLDERS: …ie.
sample.com/subfolder-one/landing-page-cups.html
sample.com/subfolder-one/landing-page-plates.html …etc
sample.com/subfolder-two/landing-page-sofas.html
sample.com/subfolder-two/landing-page-chairs.html … etc

Because Webflow does not allow me to build a site with subfolders as described above, I intend to export the site and then in Dreamweaver I would need to build the “MAIN FOLDER/SUBFOLDERS” structure.

What necessary changes must be made to the CSS (and indeed anything else!) to allow the site to work after the new structure is built in Dreamweaver?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @magichristopher, the exported files from Webflow use relative paths, so you just have to adjust paths in your exported files for links, images etc, to point to the correct files on your site.

For example, if I have a default path of:

images/grid-icon-white.svg

and my images are really located on my server in subfolder-two, then after export, I would change my image path to be:

subfolder-two/grid-icon-white.svg

If my image was in subfolder-two and then in another subfolder after that, such as subfolder-three, then your path would be:

subfolder-two/subfolder-three/grid-icon-white.svg

Since you are the one who is making the structure in your external site, you just need to plan out how you will store your css, images, scripts etc, and update the paths to those in the html exported file. You may also need to change your css files to change the path of any background images used in your designs to point to the correct path locations.

I hope that helps, cheers.

Dave

Thanks for that. I’ve now exported the site from Webflow. I manually created subfolders to hold pages according to categories. However after I drag any page to its new subfolder, the CSS does not work on the page any more. How do I update the CSS so it points to the designated five subfolders and their contents as well?

(Note: css, fonts, images and jss folders have all stayed in the root folder … ONLY site pages themselves have been moved into subfolders)

Thanking you in advance!

Once you open up the html file you should find the link to the css. Once there you will notice the css/filename.webflow.css. You need to specify the parent folder so the beginning should be ../ and then the current filename.

Good luck with that.

@yenikahve @PixelGeek @magichristopher @bartekkustra We’ve just released nested subpages into beta - would love your help testing it on non-production sites!

1 Like

another huge feature?

3 Likes

Hi.

From the discussion looks like its the feature that allows us to have a ‘multi-level nav bar’ i.e. once we click the ‘about button’ the menu drop downs and one of the options has its own menu that opens up upon clicking or when the mouse hovers over it… But I can’t figure out how to implement it.

Basically this is the feature I’m looking for. If there is a way to do it would appreciate some guidance about it.

Hi @emvision, thanks for your post, sorry for the late reply. We do not have support for multi-level dropdown menu widgets yet, the current dropdown widget supports a single level at the moment.

We would also like to make the menu’s more robust, so keep an eye out for this in future updates.

Cheers, Dave

Hey @cyberdave

I am trying to have the url extension for 2 languages eg:

www.sample.com/eng/home
www.sample.com/de/home

Can I simply drap my ‘DE’ pages into the ‘DE’ folder? and the same for the ‘ENG’.

HI @garethknott, thanks for the post. Yes, you can just drag those pages to their correct folders. Please note, if you had links to these pages already, you will need to reset the links to these pages once you move them.

I hope this helps :slight_smile: Cheers, Dave

OK cool thanks lightening dave:-)

Hi @cyberdave I have just done the nesting- but all the links still work

Is that correct?

Thanks

Gareth

Hi @garethknott, the pages look fine. If you did not have to change any links, that is great, if you have a test site you want me to check those links, I am happy to do so. Cheers, Dave

Hi @cyberdave do I make the Parent folder the priority landing folder/page ?

I would do “EN” instead of “ENG” as this is commonly used.

Hi @garethknott, I am not sure I understand the question. Your home page will be your parent page, and you can create links to pages in those folders (but not links to folders themselves).

I hope that answers your question, if not, let me know :smile: cheers, Dave