Contractor unable to transfer project because of our account not being yet upgraded to Workplace

UPDATE: Webflow suggested we can receive the project on a new account which will automatically become a Workspaces account. So I’ve created one and I finally received the project from the developer.

When we’ve finally attempted to connect it to its subdomain (after paying for a yearly site plan), we’re notified it’s not possible to have subdomains on a different account than the one where a project is already connected to the domain. Is this true?

Does anyone know if there’s any possible way to launch that page on our main account or the new one? We won’t be able to simply transfer it from the new account again because of the Workspace pain…

Our freelancer is ready to transfer the project to our own Lite account (we need to have the page up and running on our webflow by the end of the day). When they attempt to transfer, they receive a popup that the transfer failed due to the fact that we (the receiving email) don’t have a Workspace account. I’ve attempted many times to upgrade to the CORE workspace plan, but each time I’m being redirected to the dashboard, where I can only see Account plans, but no trace of Workplace.

From what I’ve read, there’s a transition period, and my understanding is that we’re caught in limbo, due to Webflow not transferring our account to a workspace. YET, their rules for transferring are already in place, and I’m really not sure how to get hold of our project ASAP.

Did anyone experience the same issues? Has anyone found a solution to overcome this roadblock? There must be a transitory way of receiving projects… They can’t just reinforce the rule that Workspaces can’t transfer to a legacy individual account if they haven’t yet finalised their suite of transfers, can they?

I’m currently risking the project’s timeline, with no clear timeline in sight for the Workspace upgrade and I am responsible for launching the page anytime now. would appreciate any tips and help.

Thank you,
V

We in the community are really powerless to help you overcome your current site transfer issues. I recommend that you reach out to Webflow tech support ASAP. They can give you the assistance that we cannot.

Thanks, Jeff @webdev ! I’ve already done so, and I hope to hear from them. I’m in the UK and it’s a Friday, their support opened just an hour ago, and I’m afraid it’ll be 48h till I hear back.

I was hoping to find peers with more experience that have experienced similar issues and know how to crack this nut.

I can’t really offer any additional advice. I am not aware of any workarounds. I have transfers that need to happen as well.

UPDATE: Webflow suggested we can receive the project on a new account which will automatically become a Workspaces account. So I’ve created one and I finally received the project from the developer.

When we’ve finally attempted to connect it to its subdomain (after paying for a yearly site plan), we’re notified it’s not possible to have subdomains on a different account than the one where a project is already connected to the domain. Is this true?

Does anyone know if there’s any possible way to launch that page on our main account or the new one? We won’t be able to simply transfer it from the new account again because of the Workspace pain…