Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Contact Form causing extra "fields" in my email

We built a contact form for a client and my partner had to use a borrowed code for the “Project Type” so that people can choose multiple options. The issue with this is that when the email delivers, the client is getting extra “Fields” for every project type chosen.

Does someone have a better solution for this?

Thanks so much!




Here is my site Read-Only: https://www.reedyriverlandscapes.com/
([how to share your site Read-Only link][2])

[2]: Share a read-only link | Webflow University

Hi @Evan_Barnes, thanks for reaching out about the extra fields showing in the mail.

One thing I would suggest is that if there have been a lot of form updates recently where form fields have been updated, removed, re-added etc, is to reset the Forms table in the Forms tab of project settings so that only the current fieldset of the form is listed in the forms table.

The basic steps are:

  1. Go to the Forms tab of project settings

  2. Locate the Form in question where it shows the form submissions received in tabular format. Next save those form submissions for that form to a CSV file.

  3. After confirming you have the downloaded submissions, delete the existing form submissions, this will clear the submissions in the form and any extra fields that were previously published but no longer exist.

  4. Lastly republish the site and then resend a new forms submission and check to see if the issue persists.

When looking at only the published html, I did not see anything that would cause this, so I think it may have been that there have been form field changes made after the form was first published.

If you still experience the issue, I would recommend to contact to the Webflow support team so that they can investigate in more detail what could be the trouble. The support email is support@webflow.com.