I have a client in need of a new site that has several functions:
- Ecommerce shop with about 40 products - I know I can build with Webflow Ecommerce
- Memberships functionality - for people to sign up for a yearly renewing paid membership and then having gated content. They already have 2,300 existing users that we’ll be importing though I’m not sure how they would renew their payment info in the Webflow system. - I believe I can build this with Memberships Beta
- Sign-up for a few events throughout the year. I think they would like for users who are signed in to be able to quickly sign up without having to give all their information again and so that the signup data would be connected to their membership data. - I am not sure if this can be done natively in Webflow
- Lastly, they would like for paid members to automatically receive a 10% discount on all items in their store. - I’m not sure if this can be done either natively in Webflow
So in short, I’d love to know if anyone has done anything similar or has answers to these questions:
- Can data from the memberships functionality be shared/linked to ecommerce data? Perhaps pulling email, address, name, etc from the user data and using in the checkout process or even just keeping track of who bought what.
- Is there a way to automatically apply a discount to shop items or only with discount codes? I suppose we could do discount codes to members but that doesn’t seem the best option as those could be shared freely.
I am guessing that this would require some kind of a more robust custom database solution but perhaps it could work within Webflow or with the help of Zapier or something. The client currently has a wordpress site with several different plugins to manage the different aspects of their site and would love to consolidate these services on their new site.