CMS project filtering issue

Hello,

I’m currently having an issue with filtering my project. When I go to add a filter to filter out the current project page from my collections list, I don’t see ‘Project’ from the filter list, only CMS fields that I created within my template.

I was wondering why this was, as I had seen the issue resolve in other peoples posts similar to my issue.

Can someone please help me out with this? Much appreciated in advance!

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/chriss-visual-design-portfolio?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=chriss-visual-design-portfolio&preview=baaed405c08b48ecff62d8f9cdf592ed&pageId=63fe735185b52658de6b9a11&itemId=63fe7359adefcd25e529804c&workflow=preview

That filtering capability doesn’t work when your collection list is inside of a component.
Unlink the component, and you’ll see it.

I think the reason is that when it’s in a component, Webflow cannot be certain you’ll use it only on the Case Studies collection page, and therefore there is no way for it to offer you that as a filtering context.

1 Like

Oh boy. You just saved me a ton of time and stress.

I wonder why there isn’t a way to reuse it as a component since I will be showcasing different collections for each type of work within a template.

Thank you so much for the help!

• Chris