CMS Pages + Web Template

Hello all!

I recently purchased a web template, and i’m now designing/editing within in. Running into a small problem tho… I’m editing on one page and it’s showing on my other project pages. I’ve done some researching on CMS, and seem a bit confused. Could this be because i’m currently working from starter CMS and need to update?

Hi Kirah,

The Collection Page is a template for all if the items in the collection.

Let’s say you have a collection called “fruit”.
The only things that will change from your “apple” page to your “banana” page are the elements that you have bound to CMS fields… title, description text, photos, photo gallery, video, and so on.

When you’re editing that page in the designer every change you make affects all pages.
That top selector, “Apple”, “Banana” just lets you switch the item context that you’re viewing the page under so that you can see how each page renders with your collection page design.

These might help-

This helps so much! Thank you.

I’m new to this, so my next question would be. All of my pages are linked to my Navigator Bar, and I want to know how do I go through and unlink all of these so I can design them individually? (If that makes sense).

Going to look at this video as well, as it may explain it to me! Just wanted to ask - just incase.

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/vivid-views-co-cafa98?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=vivid-views-co-cafa98&preview=1f09827db9722a93dc175f82c66b9220&pageId=66267d752c7139eb12ffce01&itemId=66267d752c7139eb12ffce58&locale=en&workflow=preview

That’s fantastic, we were all there once. Read those Webflow U links, watch all of the videos, they’ll cover everything you want to know up until you start doing advanced layouts.

Then, Youtube, cloneables, and experimenting are your best guides.

If you’re trying to accelerate your learning and want someone to do Q&A with, I do offer mentoring- click my name here and drop me a message if you want to know more.