Changing links on images with Editor

I’m actually not sure, I haven’t sent the Editor out to a client yet. Hopefully someone else in the community can offer expectation.

But at the very bottom of each element, in the styles panel. It has a check box for “Collaborators can edit”. Did you change this?

Nop, I haven’t touched that check box. Collaborators should be able to edit…

Just hit this issue, did you find any solution in the end?

This looks like a potential bug. It seems the block link can’t be selected in the ‘Editor’ when wrapped around an image without any padding. My images and links are also within a symbol.

Unless I’m missing something…

Hey @alexdixon,
Nop, I didn’t get a resolution to this…

Thanks for letting me know.

As a temporary solution, if you add a bit of padding to the link block, you’ll then be able to select it in Editor mode by hovering over the padded area.

1 Like

Hi folks, thanks for bringing this up - looks like the hover controls are showing over each other. It’s tricky for other edge cases similar to this, but we’ll look into a fix.

Thanks @alexdixon for sharing the workaround.

1 Like

Chiming in here as our client has the same issue. Can you let us know when we can expect this to be resolved please? Thanks in advance.

Hi @webflow,

Is there an update on the topic?
Customers are not able to change the link settings of link block.
For example a link block with text inside of it, in the editor you can edit the text but not the link settings.
Working with buttons would solve the issue but restricts me of styling the element.

K.r.

1 Like

Hi, same issue here. Hope @webflow will come up with something about it soon.

+1 for a fix on this.

It would be great to have an element tree of editable elements (like in the designer, left panel + breadcrumbs bar on the bottom) that editors could use to select elements, like a link block wrapped around an image with no padding.

yeah something is needed pls @webflow

Would be great to get this sorted.

@webflow

Yes … same here. @webflow this needs to be sorted.

YES, please we need an update on this topic! I have clients presently asking about why they can’t update link settings for elements in link blocks… :grimacing:

@WebflowCommunityTeam @webflow Aren’t they supposed to be able to edit the link settings of a link block from the editor?
Thanks!

I don’t think Webflow is responding to bugs posted in the forums anymore. There are endless “we will get to it” posts by staff, then nothing. No bug reporting software, no list of open issues to check against. Seriously lame.

So if you experience this issue just open support ticket. Maybe when there is a couple hundred on the same issue someone will prioritize a fix.

Thank you! I just opened a support ticket.

This is NO BUG!

It’s a missing feature. Well, in fact, it used to be a working feature, but then Webflow retired it. Much to annoyance of site owners, and developers facing them.

See

And

Unfortunately, Webflow keep investing in high level development – although many announced functionality additions take ages to materialise (e.g. a lot of the stuff announced at Webflow Conference last year haven’t shipped yet). But many seemingly obvious small feature improvements don’t get looked at – at least that’s what it look like to me.

Trying to get useful answers on the state of such specifics seems impossible. You get ‘we may…’ and ‘we’ll pass on…’ but no more than that from the support staff. I’ve given up raising issues.

1 Like

Thankyou for your kind support. i got my solution, here in this thread.

@anonymon @webflow @cyberdave
The marketing team and client are annoyed that they cannot change the link on the image.
Please, help all of us who have any client and marketing teams.

Still facing this issue, seems like it should be a relatively simple fix that would have a huge quality of life improvement for clients using the Editor interface. I have a client that changes her mind often and now am in the position of responding to each of her requests to change link blocks. I’m almost at the point of just redesigning the entire homepage so she can have easy access. What a mess @webflow.