Cant use SSL when hosting on a subdomain

Hi all.

I’m having an issue with hosting and SSL.

I have an existing website which is hosted elsewhere, and I intend to use webflow to host a subdomain. In order to do this, my understanding is that I just need to add in the A records for webflow servers for the subdomain addresses, i.e. www.subdomain.domain.com and subdomain.domain.com. I’m using cloudflare to manage my DNS.

Unfortunately, this doesn’t seem to work properly with SSL, resulting in no connection to the website at all. Cloudflare gives the message ‘It appears that the SSL configuration used is not compatible with Cloudflare. This could happen for a several reasons, including no shared cipher suites.’

In contrast, if I add A records for the non SSL webflow servers, the subdomain does connect properly (even though in my webflow project settings panels they are listed as ‘unlinked’.

So in short, it seems to work fine for non SSL, but not for SSL. Obviously it would be better if I could enable SSL on the subdomain, either through webflow or using cloudflare. At the moment neither seems to be working for me, so any help would be much appreciated!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.