Can't upload images

Hello.

After working for few days on my site, suddenly when I try to upload images, nothing happens.
It only happens in Chrome bowser version 56.0.2924.87 when trying to upload files in Safari, it works fine.
Here is a link to my website: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/nbl-design?preview=63b79cb367af9623839b2ad3548d6163

Thank you,
Naama.

1 Like

Hi @Naama

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! This definitely sounds like strange behavior.

What types of image files are you trying to upload? What is the filename, file extension, and file size?

Can you please try the following:
(1) Try to reproduce the error while being logged into Webflow using Incognito mode with browser extensions turned off: Browse in private - Computer - Google Chrome Help
(2) If the problem persists, please take a screenshot of your Console and send it to me: Chrome DevTools - Chrome Developers

Thanks in advance and I’ll be standing by for your response! :slight_smile:

Hi @Brando, thank you for your quick response.
i’m trying to upload svg file named “Asset 11.svg”, file size 338 bytes.
But I also tried other files with different file extension (png) and the same problem happen
BTW there was no problem uploading files until a moment when it stopped.
I’ve tried to run it on Incognito with all extensions disabled and the same problem happened.
Attached a screen shot of the console.
Thank you very much for your help,
Naama.

Hi @Naama,

Thanks for trying that out and for posting the screen shot.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention! We are definitely working on it - hoping to have a resolution as soon as possible!

Could you please send me the files Asset 10 and Asset 11?

Please keep the feedback coming - we read and log every update so if you run into more strange behavior, please let me know.

​Thanks in advance, and I’m standing by for your reply.

Hi @Brando,
I can’t send you these files, because the files authorized to be attached here are only jpg and png.
Is there any other way I can send you the files?
Thank you,
Naama.

You can send them at support@webflow.com with a link to this thread :slight_smile:

I’ve had this issue before, although it’s weird that they even upload and show the error thumbnail. I would suggest trying to open the images in something like Photoshop. If it’s similar to the issue I had, you will get an error. You will need to open the images in something like Paint, and save each one as a new file under jpg. As for the SVG, that’s odd. How exactly did you output each file? Or were they all given to you? Explaining that might help.

If the issue is already solved, I would be curious to know what the problem was so I can take note.

@ELiTE @bart @Brando hi to you all.
The problem has been solved suddenly, by itself… and appeared again… unfortunately I have no idea why.
The SVG files were created by exporting a, illustrator file to svg.
BTW, maybe this will help - even when I log out and log in with a different user name (a client of mine), the problem keeps appearing.

Thank you,
Naama.

1 Like

Hi @Naama

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention! We are definitely working on it - hoping to have a resolution as soon as possible!

Please keep the feedback coming - we read and log every update so if you run into more strange behavior, please let me know.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.