Can't Upload images to the Designer

Hi, since yesterday I have not been able to upload any images either to assets or CMS items, not have I been able to create dummy items. I have tried in incognito mode, and also tried on multiple projects. I also have very fast internet (1GBps up and down).

Is anyone else experiencing this? I can’t do any work as nothing will upload.

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

I had the same issue yesterday! Did you try to clean your cache?

I had not! I just tried it to no avail :frowning:
Thanks for the suggestion!

You can try @Brando suggestions mentioned here:

1 Like

I’ll give it a try on… gulps… Microsoft Edge… I’ll report my findings!

So apparently nothing works with Webflow except Chrome and Safari, but Safari is outdated on Windows so it doesn’t work. I uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome and it still doesn’t work. Any other ideas?

@MichaelMannucci

Can you please share the image files you are trying to upload as well as a Read-Only link?

You can also send this information directly to support. Thanks in advance!

It works fine on my laptop, so it must be my desktop suddenly. How strange. Any ideas as to what it might be on my desktop? I’d hate to have to reinstall Windows.

Never mind, it worked once on the laptop and now doesn’t work, same problem. I cannot upload any images, nor create dummy CMS items.

The read only link is here: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/portfolio-be21c9?preview=425d1588898bb2a6b9076459b53d109c

However, I’d like to mention that the problem is not just on this project, but all my projects.

Hi @MichaelMannucci

Thanks for the extra information.

Can you please try the following:

Can you also forward me the images you are using?

Thanks in advance!

I did some testing on this end and was able to create dummy items and upload images without issue.
CloudApp

Standing by for your reply!

Incognito does not work as well.

Thanks for taking those steps and sending over that screenshot, @MichaelMannucci

I’ve reported this issue to the team and we will continue to investigate why this is happening. I’ll be sure to reach out with more information as soon as I can.

One last ask – was this working before on the same machine and network connection? If not, can you please try to test this on a different network connection?

​Thanks in advance!

Hmm. I connected via hotspot to my phone and it works. I’m gonna reset my network and see if that fixes the issue.

So I factory reset my modem and the issue persists. Hmm…

Thanks for these details @MichaelMannucci

I’ve forwarded this information onto the rest of the team and we will dig into this more.

I’ll be in touch with more details as soon as I have them.

1 Like

Hi @MichaelMannucci

Thanks again for letting us know about this issue. It looks like creating dummy data calls on an API. If your initial network connection is slow this would definitely cause issues with creating dummy data and / or uploading images. If you are unable to reproduce this issue on other, higher speed network connections this may be the issue.

The problem was certainly not my speed. I am hard wired to a 1GB per second upload and download network.

But the problem seems to have resolved itself. I was able to create dummy items and upload images last night, so all is well. Thanks!!!

Hi @MichaelMannucci thanks for this info – definitely not a speed issue then haha.

I’m happy to hear the issue is resolved. If you run into any other issues like this please don’t hesitate to reach out. :bowing_man:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.