Can I Build an E-commerce Site Using Webflow that Has Wishlist, Login, and Platform Integration Features?

Hello Webflow Community,

I’m in the process of developing an e-commerce site for a custom upholstery business in Brazil. The client has a specific competitor in mind (link to the competitor’s site) and wants to create a site that can compete on the same level.

One of the key features the client wants is a wishlist feature. I understand that this might require some custom code or third-party integration. Does anyone have experience implementing this in Webflow and could provide some guidance?

Another feature the client wants is a user login system. I know that Webflow has Memberstack integration, but I’m wondering if there are other options that might be better suited for an e-commerce site.

In terms of e-commerce platform integration, I’m considering WooCommerce and Shopify. Which one would you recommend for use with Webflow? Are there any major pros and cons that I should be aware of?

Finally, given the complexity of the project, I’m contemplating whether it would be better to focus on selling the client on the design aspect and then work with a more experienced developer for the e-commerce integration. Has anyone had experience with this kind of arrangement?

Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

@victor_moraes - It is recommended to define the client requirements for e-commerce first before determining what solutions already exist to match them. Webflow ecommerce is often only suitable for the simplest requirements.

It’s important to prioritize functionality over design. Just like how a house is planned by an architect and built by a contractor, or bought as a pre-built home, the focus should be on building the necessary functionality first. Custom ecommerce solutions should only be built when it’s the only way to meet the client’s requirements within a realistic budget. Otherwise, it’s best to find the right tool and then look for templates that can provide what’s needed. Almost every platform provides ways to manipulate the design, which should always be the last thing to focus on.

1 Like

Hi @victor_moraes.
Josh with Foxy here. You might consider our seamless Webflow integration: https://foxy.io/webflow This approach gives you powerful ecommerce inside of your Webflow site.

• Wishlist functionality
  • Sell any type of product (one-off, subscriptions, donations, digital, services, memberships, etc.)
  • Manage products with Webflow CMS (downgrade and potentially save)
  • Connect to 100+ gateways and payment methods
  • Multi-lingual support
  • Multi-currency support
  • Embed a customer portal to allow customers to manage their subscriptions/memberships, view order history, update billing, and more (all inside of your Webflow site)
  • Sell and accept gift cards
  • Custom shipping functionality, logic, and integrations
  • Custom tax functionality, logic, and integrations
  • Powerful coupon and discount functionality
  • Unlimited free trial
  • and more!

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need help getting started: hello@foxy.io

Thanks,
Josh

Hi Victor,

I wanted to let you know that our app, Looop, is now available on the Webflow app store. With Looop, you can easily create custom Shopify storefronts without any coding. Plus, you can add a login system and wishlist feature.

Take a look at this example: https://business.innofoods.shop

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at harminder@thind.dev. I would be more than happy to personally onboard you to our app.

Thank you!