Bug with text links: impossible to fill in email address and subject

Hi all,

Just bumped into a new bug with filling in email details on a text link. Open the homepage of http://rijkers-naaimachines.webflow.io, then scroll down to the footer. There you’ll see 2 email links (spans). After clicking on the span, go to the Settings > Link settings and try to fill in the email address and subject. After typing in a few characters, your input just disappears. Hope that this can be fixed asap!

I’m on a Mac with High Sierra, latest Safari and Chrome

@PixelGeek, @cyberdave

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Able to repro on Google Chrome Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)

bump this bug @cyberdave @PixelGeek @webflow

Thx in advance for your investigation and/or help.

Tom

i need to bump this again; I don’t understand why in a few days after my first post I don’t even get a reply from one of your webflow team… Not good!

For urgent bugs I suggest emailing support@webflow.com directly.

Thx but had already done that; this morning got a reply that Webflow is investigating the issue

Hi @TomLamers

Thanks for posting about this issue and apologies for the delayed reply here. Our team was a bit short staffed as I was out on vacation and Monday was a Holiday for us.

This is definitely an annoying bug though and one we are looking into now. One of us will post back here as soon as we have an update.

Thanks for your help with this issue!

Hi @TomLamers

After doing a bit more testing, I found a workaround for you.

It looks like the issue only happens when the hyperlink is nested inside and element that is a symbol. You can edit the email address and subject fields once the section is unlinked from the symbol.

I’ve added this new information to our internal report and we will continue looking for a permanent solution.

Hope this helps!

This helps: I’ve dragged it out of the symbol, edited it, and after that pasted it back into the symbol.

Tom

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for the update, Tom!

I’ll let the team know. I’m also going to mark this as resolved for now as we aren’t able to reproduce it on this end. However, if you see this issue again, or know the steps to reproduce this behavior please let me know and we can revisit it.

Thanks again! :slight_smile:

That I don’t get: how weren’t you able to reproduce this? You wrote:

It looks like the issue only happens when the hyperlink is nested inside and element that is a symbol. You can edit the email address and subject fields once the section is unlinked from the symbol

So you’ve noticed the same as I did? And it’s a bug that needs to be resolved?

Hi @TomLamers, nothing is closed yet here in support the issue is still open and the info sent to the dev team so that they can help to make this work better.

As soon as there is an update, we’ll leave an update here.

p.s. you were not the only one to report this and it’s getting checked out. Thanks for posting, keep on doing that when there is some trouble.

Hi @TomLamers

Thanks for sharing that feedback. You are correct, I think I marked it as resolved a bit prematurely — my apolgoies. The fix that worked for you is a workaround, not a permanent one.

As Dave mentioned, our team is still investigating a more permanent solution for this issue.

Thanks for your understanding and patience!

Thx for both replies and concern @Brando and @cyberdave !

1 Like

Hi @TomLamers, thanks for hanging in there, I am just following up on the previous report. I can see a fix was pushed out a number of days ago.

Let me know in case of any issues with the email address and text links.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @cyberdave

thx, it now seems to be resolved!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.