Background videos repeating on every page

Hi! Im generally new to webflow and I’ve taken webflow training course. I inserted background videos into one of my pages and made sure duplicate and rename tags that are specific to the videos, but these video sections are popping up on all my pages. I’ve tried making new tags again but it keeps duplicating

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hi @ashleycheou Welcome to the community! :slight_smile:

Can you please share your read-only link so we can see your project?

Here it is!

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/ashleys-top-notch-project-53d931?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=ashleys-top-notch-project-53d931&preview=5e71230548d083d751e318c43c4709b5&pageId=61282fc8fd6890c093aad58c&workflow=preview

Hey there,

I only found video elements on the portfolio template page with the class .en-video.
Those differ from each other, can you tell us where, what video exactly appears unexpectedly?

Renaming tags will not change anything besides the name of the class, you should try to duplicate the class on the element you want to separate and then rename it to your likings.

Hi! Yes I duplicated the name of the original tag and renamed it to “en video” and it ended up changing on every page. I only wanted the video sections on the page labeled “en”, but it’s showing up on the other portfolio pages like “joile laide” and “grotesk”

Hello Ashley and welcome to the forum!

What you’ve just done is adding an element to a template. The way templates work is a change you do in one item affects all other items in the template. There’s no native Webflow way to workaround this. However, it could be done using custom JS, aka ‘conditional visibilty’

You can either use different classes to apply individual styles,

Element 1.bg-video-1
Element 2.bg-video-2

or have one class with all the styling rules that are shared between the bg video elements and add a second class that only has the video applied

Element 1.bg-video & video-1
Element 2.bg-video & video-2

If I understood you correctly :slight_smile:

Ah yes, this one I did try too but it ended up not working out and it kept duplicating onto the other pages :pensive: so Im not sure what I’m doing wrong. I’ve duplicated and renamed the class as well as added tags to create a combo class and it still duplicates onto the other pages

I see, you want the videos being dynamically pulled from the CMS on the phone screens?

As far as I’m aware, the CMS does not have a video field as of now?

There are ways to do this however, see the following posts: