Background video get stuck whilst transcoding

Hello,

I’m trying to get a background video uploaded to my site. But it keeps getting stuck at around 95% whilst transcoding, and I’ve seen tickets raised about this before so there must be an issue somewhere.

The video I’m trying to use is definitely a compatible file type and way under 30mb.

Please can I have some help getting this sorted?

Best regards,
Merlyn.

Here is my site Read-Only:https://preview.webflow.com/preview/emblaze-homepage?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=emblaze-homepage&preview=c39ea2f0dc978d031965e4900efab293&mode=preview
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hi @Merlyn

I’m happy to help look into this. Can you tell me what format your video is in? (mp4?) Also, what browser and version are you using?

I’ll be standing by for your response.

Cheers,
Nelson

Hello PixelGeek,

Thank you for responding so quickly.

The file format is MOV and I’m using Google Chrome.

Background videos have uploaded fine before and I’m not knowingly changing anything about how I’m rendering the videos. As you can see (hopefully) the masthead background video uploaded fine.

But it’s been a while now since I uploaded the masthead video and the original background videos that I’m now trying to update.

Best regards,
Merlyn.

Hi,

Please can I have some help on this?

I’m chasing because the webpage is part of a concept we’re trying to move forward and I thought this would be comfortably finished before the meetings we’ve got lined up.

Best regards,
Merlyn.

have you tried converting it to MP4? Also, can you post a link to your video file so I can try to upload it on my end?

Hello,

Please find a link to the video file below.

I can’t convert videos to an MP4 at the moment, Media Encoder keeps crashing, is there another way?

I assume changing the extension from .mov to .mp4 doesn’t really count (but I did try it).

I’ve opted for still images instead of videos whilst we get this figured out.

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,
Merlyn.

I was able to replicate the issue on my end with your video.

Then I Googled convert mov to mp4 and found a site that would do it for free.

Then I uploaded the MP4 version and it worked:

https://light-and-dark-mode-ca85f0.webflow.io/test

Try this process. Hope this helps :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.