Streaming live at 10am (PST)

YouTube Video Won't Load In Designer

I’m unable to get new YouTube videos to embed into my page (hiring veterans) on Designer using the Webflow video elements. I have successfully embedded another video on the page using the video element in the past, but when I paste a YouTube link into the new video element, the video won’t load in. After pasting the link, the 3 dots loading icon pops up briefly and then goes away without loading the video.

I’ve tried:

• multiple different YouTube video links (all have embed enabled)

• multiple different browsers (chrome (including incognito), safari, firefox)

• multiple webflow users

• deleting the video embed and recreating it

to no avail.

Here is my site Read-Only:[ LINK](Webflow - EquipmentShare)
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

I’m having this issue as well, and the timing couldn’t be worse! Tried several videos, from both YouTube and Vimeo. Nothing is working. Glad to hear I’m not the only one, but I need to find a way to get this fixed asap!

1 Like

Thank you for the +1, @ekassel. I had not tried a Vimeo link so that added context is helpful!

Are you talking about the Webflow video element or using the embed code and pasting the YouTube embed code inside it?

Also post the YouTube you want to work.

Can you put a picture up of the element or item you are trying to get to work.

You can Direct Message me if its sensitive.

I’m talking about using the Webflow video element specifically, not the embed code. I edited my original post to clarify.

I’m not sure the specific YouTube video matters since I have tested multiple different YouTube links, but it’s EquipmentShare Featured on Military Makeover: Operation Career - YouTube.

Sorry Max, mixing terminologies makes it hard for people not close to a project to grasp the issue. Lots of ways to show a YouTube video in Webflow.

Still not found your instance but I added the Webflow YouTube element and it worked for me.
The video element did not work.

YouTube also changes things so when you said new video it could have been something with that.

My guess is Webflow are changing something in the background that is temporary and it should work again in a day or so. If not log a support call.

That’s interesting. The YouTube element does work for me as well, but the video element does not. I did not realize there was a distinction before.

At any rate, I do need to use the video element to match the style of the other video on the page and on the rest of the website.

Thanks for testing it out and confirming @iDATUS!

1 Like

Hey all,

There is a bug in the Designer right now with the video element. Our engineers have identified a fix and are working to roll it out to everyone. I’d expect the fix to be live in the next 1-2 hours. Appreciate your understanding and patience during this time.

Hey @Max_Hammock_ES the fix for the video element is live. Can you please refresh the Designer and let me know if your issue is or isn’t resolved.

I can confirm that the issue is resolved. Thanks, @matthewpmunger

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.