Where do I find the form block in order to modify the copy

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/martin-moroneys-fabulous-project?preview=c0353e3d91f720a8540d488b3dcced85

I have composed this web site from a template, “Twisted”.
It’s OK but don’t be too critical of the result as it’s my first attempt.

So far so good.
I’d like to use the contact form, which is really cool, but I am unable to find the form block, or the submit button in the template so that I may modify my contact details.
When I display the settings for the button “Ask for a free consultation”, the settings don’t give me a clue as to where to go.
The same is true for the Facebook link. I cannot see how to direct this to my Facebook page.
Any suggestions?
Thanks for your interest.
Regards,
Martin

Hi @Gemini2

Nice project you have there! Keep it up!

The form used on this template is in a hidden popup modal. Image 2017-05-02 at 3.37.49...
The popup is set to appear once the Ask for a free consultation button is clicked. This is done using an interaction Image 2017-05-02 at 3.36.28...

To access the form:

• Double click the popup modal since it is a symbol.
  • Go to the Styles panel and set display: flex;
  • Make your changes
  • Make sure to set display: none; once you finish editing the form.

To change the [form notification settings](https://help.webflow.com/article/how-to-set-up-notifications-for-webflow-forms\), you need to go to the Forms tab in your Site Settings (outside of the Designer).

The social media link settings (or any link settings) can be found in the Settings panel here: Image 2017-05-02 at 3.44.03...

​Hope this is helpful.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to write, and we’ll be happy to help!

All the best,
Anna

Hi Anna,

Thank you so much for your help.

It’s late here in Australia, so I’ll have a go at this in the morning.

I’ll let you know how I go.

Best wishes,

Martin

1 Like

Hope to hear from you soon!

Goodnight Martin @Gemini2 !

Hi Anna,

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/martin-moroneys-fabulous-project?preview=fe9f4eabb666aa0f25174f7fbbac9bc1

I made the mistake of clicking on the Facebook icon rather than the social link box and that is why I could not see the settings panel.

I managed, with some difficulty, to sort out the form block and I am now ready to publish.

Along the way I made a couple of fatal errors but the backups I made saved me.

I have done a lot of video editing and I learnt (the hard way) to keep continuous backups.

Control+shift+S and numbering the backups in the format year,month,day and time is a good idea e.g. 170503_2130

The autosave in Webflow is a very useful feature, but having the backups numbered is a lifesaving strategy, particularly for the inexperienced like me.

Thank you for your invaluable and prompt help.

Great.

Regards and Thanks,

Martin

1 Like

Thank you so much for letting me know Martin @Gemini2! :relaxed:

I’m glad you were able to fix all those on your own :muscle: :v:

And thanks for sharing your workflow, I’m sure it will help others as well. :relaxed:

Good luck with your project!