Webflow sitemap not working - Missing XML tag

Hi- I recently updated my website and found it no longer shows up in google search results. I tried adding the sitemap to google search console but got an error saying “missing XML tag”. I’m a bit new to this so I’m having trouble figuring out where to go from here. My website stopped showing in google searches after I locked the homepage, not sure if this has something to do with it.

Here is my site Read-Only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/leonardocilmi?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=dashboard&utm_content=leonardocilmi&preview=90bba7d40df95176af26d9eea60de651&mode=preview

@Leonardo_Cilmi I believe locking the homepage/root page adds a noindex to the page. i.e. You can’t search for it.

Hi, Thanks for your post.
Really, Webflow generates sitemap and robot Txt automatically. Just put the “tick mark” on the project setting > SEO > Sitemap
Screenshot_2

You can check your sitemap’s status by- yourdomain/sitemap.xml
connect your domain properly in Google Search Console and Add a sitemap by
yourdomain/sitemap.xml or only sitemap.xml

Feel free to ask for any help.
Thanks

oh got it- is there anyway to change that?

Hey seoninza thanks for the reply- I’ve included a screenshot of the issue I’m having. My sitemap auto-generation is on in my site settings and sitemap.xml is in google search console but I’m getting a missing xml tag error

Your sitemap submission should be to www.yourdomain.com/sitemap.xml since you are redirecting from the root to the www subdomain. A quick check on the file produces;

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<urlset xmlns="http://www.sitemaps.org/schemas/sitemap/0.9">

</urlset>

hey- was this what you were suggesting (see screenshot)? still getting the same error

There are no URL’s in your sitemap. Google is looking for one. Do you have it enabled and do you have pages?

I have it enabled and I do have a page in my site but its locked- does this mean it wont index?

The page is not going to be indexed nor will WF add it to the sitemap.

is this because it’s locked?

Thanks, Shohel. It worked for me. now my sitemap is accessible for my blog.

Sorry for the late reply. Did you get your problem solved? If not you can text me. Thanks