Webflow Performance at an all time low

Another to add to the list. Today I am having to wait minutes to see a published update reflected in my .io site. I also think it maybe affecting the export content as well but I haven’t confirmed.

This last example is at 6m and counting still not updated in the .io. The panel should not be showing in front of the top blue menu. As you can see the designer is fixed and was update 4m ago (6min now) and yet the .io site is still not updated.

Given how unreliable the preview mode has been I have been relying on the .io site - now that seems to be useless.

Death of a 1000 cuts…

+1

I’ve experienced all of these except the “no longer signed in” thing.

Add me as well concerning issues in the Designer.

Webflow Engineers to the rescue!

I’ll add my name to the list of users experiencing all these issues.

Additionally, I have gotten pop-up notifications saying something to the effect that
“this session is not being saved as it is out of date and a newer version of the site exists.”
It alludes to another account or user having worked on it, which cannot be true. i am the only user/designer.

Anyhow, the slowness, the shifting of size and position of elements, tremendous lag, and the inability to use preview in any reliable way are killing the workflow.

Thanks for listening.

• Derek

Agreed. I too have been a proud user of Webflow for a while now, however, lately I’ve noticed an increasing number of bugs—some new, some recent.

Apologies if I repeat what’s already been stated above.

• The designer freezing
  • The double session error
  • Preview function not working (or needing to refresh the page in order for it to work)
  • Collection content not switching when you change pages
  • Not publishing updated collection pages (within the last 24 hrs)
  • Not been able to copy and paste collections (within the 24 hrs)
  • A warning message saying I have unsaved interactions (within the 24 hrs)

Let’s hope we some fixes soon.

1 Like

Experiencing the same issues tonight. Made in next to impossible to get any work done.

Specifically, designer not responding to changes. I would add a content section to website and it not show up, etc. Preview not showing changes. Live site not showing changes.

Hope this gets fixed very soon!

Teresa

1 Like

Hi all, i reported lags on interactions panel few days ago. If i have more than 10 classes in one interaction, every click lagging. It is possible to do interactions, but little bit annoying :frowning:

Hey @webflow, if it helps, today alone I’ve experienced the following problems:

1. 4-5 error pop ups every time I paste any written text into a CMS Rich Text field
  2. Double session logout, when only in one window
  3. CMS content not changing when switching between pages in the Designer
  4. Canvas completely greying out and requiring a refresh, which clears any unsaved work
  5. Pasting some elements / DIVs within Designer results in a “clipboard empty” error.

Some of these have happened a few times before this, while others are quite recent.

Hopefully these get fixed soon,
Cheers!

Started to get the double session logout just now. 3 times in the last hour so far.

C

Just experienced a new one:

We noticed you don’t have any interactions to save. Would you like to save this site without interactions?

Clicking accept keeps crashing my site :-C

This is the only issue I have noticed as of a few days ago. Generally the designer is still responsive for me.

I’ve just had to search for this issue as I’m starting to get a bit cheesed off with the designer and I’m kind of glad it’s not just me. :weary:
(I have a lot of love for Webflow 99.9% of the time. Except for today.)

Issues I have: (I’ve had to stop work today because of them)

• Designer won’t let me select an element. I have to refresh the page then lose the last thing I did. Mouse hover shows the element, but when I click it doesn’t select it and the bounding box disappears.
  • “Something went wrong” pop up box, 10-15 times in a row.
  • Preview not working sometimes, have to refresh the designer.
  • Links in the preview open up a Webflow 404 rather than going to the page in the Preview mode

I’m using Safari and Chrome both the latest versions in Sierra on a Mac.

1 Like

perhaps related to what’s describe in the video seen here

Publishing to webflow.io seems to back up this morning. Updates are appearing instantly (so far :slight_smile: )

FYI - At times it feels like the issues begin to build towards the afternoon.

Have been having a lot of disconnects today whenever I have to copy and paste a lot of elements in the designer. That is really impacting my workflow when I work on websites with a lot of content.

I have also been experiencing several of these issues in the last couple of months. I’m happy (and sad) to know that it’s a wide spread issue and that the Webflow is taking it serious.

Yesterday I was having issues with publishing changes to both .io and our custom domains. Updates and changes just weren’t appearing until well after 10-15 mins. One of our clients even contacted us for technical support with this issue.

Today, just now, I’m getting the same notification as @quarshcreative.

We noticed you don’t have any interactions to save. Would you like to save this site without interactions?

The only thing I was trying to do was copy and paste a rich text block on CMS page. No interactions were present on the element either.

I hope these issues are a priority going forward.

I also noticed some slowing down problems in the preview of the site, but also other slowdowns and bugs that I didn’t have in the past days. Undoubtedly there is some problem, which seems to be common with different variables for different users.
For example, now while trying to copy and paste text in the webflow cms, not in the “name” section but in a section of “rich text” created, I always get the message “Something went wrong while trying to save your site. Let us know what happened in the feedback pop up”.
I have to click on “OK” several times until the message disappears.

Another one is a warning message saying I have “unsaved interactions”.

It becomes difficult, almost impossible to work.
Thank you.

Hi all, thank you for your patience. We are all-hands-on-deck to investigate and deal with these issues, and need your help to resolve them. A few immediate updates:

• We’re pushing a fix for several copy-paste issues as we speak (ETA 15 minutes)
  • We’re pushing a fix for the double-session error. We decided to revert this back to previous behavior where we don’t try to detect multiple browser windows, while we investigate exactly what might be happening. In the case that you do have the same project open in multiple windows though, make sure to refresh the Designer before continuing work after switching tabs - this will make sure that you’re starting with the most up-to-date version of the current page you’re editing.

As @Waldo alluded to earlier, we’re also making lasting changes to broadly increase the stability and performance of Webflow, including:

• Creating a dedicated Stabilization team (currently 3 engineers) to address bugs and stability issues
  • Creating a dedicated Performance team (currently 1 engineer full-time, with one more joining next week, and budget approved to hire one more in mid-March). This team’s mission is to turn Webflow into a high-performance design and development tool. The work of this team will lead to much better performance, especially on large projects.

Now for the we-need-your help part. :pray: Since there are quite a few different issues in this thread and it’s getting quite hard to track and follow up, can you please:

• Create a new post with each specific issue you’re seeing along with reproduction steps (e.g. “On SiteX, using BrowserY, the Designer won’t let me select ElementZ on PageW”)
  • Ideally, include a read-only link to your project and mention which page it’s happening on (if you can’t share the read-only link on the forum, please send it to support@webflow.com privately and we’ll investigate there)
  • Include your OS and Browser version
  • Before submitting, search the forum (just recent front page is fine) for similar issues, and post in that thread if your issue seems identical to what is being reported. Please don’t respond to existing issues with “I’m also seeing A-Different-Bug” to help us keep the posts focused.

:point_up_2: That will really help us identify, fix, and deploy fixes faster - as well as keep everyone in the loop. Thank you!

For now, I’m going to lock this post to encourage posts being created so we can tackle each issue individually.

Finally, thank you so much for your patience as we tackle this. We know that these performance issues and bugs are disruptive to your workflows, and we’re addressing them as the highest priority. :bowing_man:

15 Likes

Unfortunately my team and I have experienced the same performance issues lately.

A bit of background, I discovered webflow after getting rather lost in HTML 5 and needing a faster option for the easier sites that wasn’t WiX or Squarespace. As I’ve built my team up around me we’ve heavily relied on it for all of our small to medium sites. It’s hard wanting webflow to be our little secret in our corner of the world while wanting them to get bigger and add more features to their development roadmap.

But now the performance issues are real. My team and I have experienced the following hiccups in the past few months:

• Exhaustingly slow performance while working in the designer
  • Having to the refresh the page in order to get things going again
  • Updates not publishing to the website for up to a few hours
  • Copying and pasting of elements no longer works unless I’m copying something after a symbol item
  • The “this website has not interactions” popup
  • White/Greying out of the designer and having to refresh the page
  • General bugginess if working in Safari

In my typing this I see they’re already pushing out fixes. Great news! I’ll make sure after today, if we experience issues to put more work into submitting them to forums that can help the Webflow team better understand what we’re experiencing.

2 Likes