šŸ˜¢ Webflow is using a lot of memory in Chrome

Hello there Iā€™ve the new macbook pro 64 Go ram with 8 Go video and webflow is really slow after 30-45 min of use ā€¦ how that can it be possible my mac book is running render of video and multi stream video online without any problemā€¦if someone have any solution, that could be so nice. thanks

• every software updated

Large projects definitely slow down even the beefiest machines and unfortunately there isnā€™t much in the way of fixes. Chrome itself isnā€™t the best at managing RAM, so itā€™s not uncommon for normal browsing to feel slow if someone has a number of tabs openā€”but for larger projects it may help to minimize other open tabs.

It may also be a bit of a placebo, but Iā€™ve found that running Webflow through a desktop shortcut seems to help things run more smoothly. I have a shortcut added to my toolbar in Windows 10 and will use that (as opposed to running it within my normal browser window) if I know Iā€™ll be working on bigger projects or for longer periods of time.

I know theyā€™ve mentioned that theyā€™re ā€œdoing researchā€ on how to improve the experience (or possibly locate the reason for the slowdown on certain projects) so Iā€™d recommend sending them a help request in the Designer (Question Mark Icon > Help & Feedback > Send us a feedback or help request) so they have more affected projects to look into as they figure out the issue.

If you feel like getting it setup as a shortcut like I mentioned above, you can open your Webflow Dashboard, click the browser menu (three dots), More tools > Create shortcut. Once youā€™ve got that created, navigate to chrome://apps in your address bar, right-click the newly added shortcut, and the Create shortcuts. Keep in mind it may differ slightly on Mac, but that should give you a good idea if youā€™re unsure of where to start.

Thanks for the answer Iā€™m working on webflow with no tap and try with different browser, is not from my mac and not from browserā€¦ this is a webflow issue at this time I think.

Thanks for all of that detail I will contact them