I’ve got a client that needs an e-commerce website.
There’s awareness on the limitations of Webflow e-commerce.
Integrating Foxy.io is often mentioned as a way to expand Webflow possibilities in this area.
Has anyone taken this approach?
What I think really matters is how this would compare to a Shopify solution, as Shopify is the go-to platform widely acknowledged for anyone needing e-commerce.
So is WF + Foxy.io a valid alternative or it would still be highly limiting and ultimately not a great choice for me as a website creator and for my client as a seller?
I’d be interested to know what you think.
HI @Guiseppi Initially WF wasn’t intended to be an e-commerce platform but WF is a “Design Tool” for landing marketing pages. This mean that WF e-commerce is side effect app and need supportive app/services to make it to work some way but still is not Shopify that is way more superior. It is not possible to compare Design toll with e-commerce focused platform. It will take WF a few years to catch similar level of services that companies as Shopify offer and are focused only on e-commerce.
That said WF e-commerce can be suitable for clients who do not need complex and comprehensive e-commerce services options. If your client will be an independent artists selling low volume of items, go for WF. But if client will need fully working e-commerce you should be looking somewhere else. Your choice. Look around this forum to find what people are facing and expecting when using WF as e-commerce.
You should as well take in consideration that WF is at this moment going trough major transformations of platform behaviour and it is at this moment unstable or let say unpredictable.
all these are my personal opinion and I believe there are users that are very happy with WF e-commerce and will have completely different opinion as there is on such tool that will suite all.
Yeah, thanks I knew all these things already, my question was more specific. Thanks anyway.
No worry it is hard to compare apple to oranges, I have just tried to make a point why use several apps to make something work while second option offer all your client needs. Of course it is not “no-code” solution if this is a case
I think ultimately it depends on the integrations and features that you want to include. Foxy is great and has a lot of functionality - but I personally found that I was relying very heavily on Zapier, and even then there were things that were not possible to achieve.
I’m currently going through the process of converting my Webflow store to Shopify using the Udesly adapter. Let me know if you have any further questions.
If you love the full design freedom you have with Webflow, then Webflow + Foxy is absolutely a valid alternative. It’s a popular combo for a reason.
I have many customers using Webflow + Foxy + Airtable + PowerImporter to manage their e-commerce website.
Josh with Foxy here. We’ve already been chatting via FB and email but wanted to reply here too, just in case someone has similar needs or questions. It all really comes down to your project needs. Foxy can handle simple to complex use cases, allowing you pick and choose the functionality needed for the project at hand.
Here are a some benefits of using Foxy with Webflow:
- 15+ years of experience. Ecommerce is all we do. It’s not an afterthought.
- Unlimited free trial. Build and test for as long as you need to for free.
- Sell any type of product: physical, digital, donations, subscriptions, services, customizable, etc. all in Webflow
- Manage products with Webflow CMS - No need to switch between platforms to make changes.
- Multi-currency and Muli-lingual - Allow customers to choose their language and/or currency.
- Customer Portal - Customers can login, view order history, manage subscriptions, manage billing/shipping/login info, and more, all inside of your Webflow site.
- Foxy moves with you - If for some reason you ever need to leave Webflow or host your site somewhere else, you can integrate Foxy into the new site.
- Coupons and Discounts
- Gift Cards
- Flexible Shipping Options - Live rates (FedEx, UPS, USPS), flat rates, custom logic, custom shipping endpoint (for your own shipping integrations)
- Manual and Auto-tax Calculations
- 100+ Payment Methods
- Unlimited Everything - We don’t nickel and dime for features. Unlimited transactions, unlimited customers, unlimited products, unlimited coupons. You get the idea.
- Fast and Friendly Support - We respond to all emails within a business day, but many times within hours (or minutes)
- Competitive Pricing - In most cases, Foxy + Webflow (non-Ecommerce hosting plans) is less expensive than Webflow Ecommerce alone.
- Super involved in the Webflow community.
Hope this helps some. Full details about our seamless Webflow integration can be found here: https://foxy.io/webflow Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need help getting started: firstname.lastname@example.org
You might want to check out shoprocket.io - it’s the fastest & easiest way to add full ecommerce anywhere, just copy & paste our embed code snippet into the page. (no iframes required)
Plus the dashboard offers complete management of everything in real-time. (E.G - add a new product in our dash, and it’ll appear in your website automatically)
We also don’t charge a transaction fee.
I put together a quick video here to show how to embed Shoprocket into Webflow, it only takes a minute or so: How to add ecommerce to Webflow - YouTube
Hope this helps,
I haven’t used Foxy on a live site yet but tried the demo account - the poor UI might be off-putting to whoever has to use it.
I’m looking at trying Shopify Lite soon, it works similar to Foxy, basically gives you everything except a website builder and let’s you link Webflow to products via links/buttons.
Thank you for your feedback. We couldn’t agree more about the current dashboard UI. We’ve got a new dashboard in private beta. Please apply for access here: https://airtable.com/shruOtVjh0UYJmifs
A few things to consider:
- A large amount of setup and management happens outside of the Foxy dashboard
- With Foxy, you can 100% manage products with Webflow CMS (no need to create products in Foxy first)
- Embeddable customer portal
- 100+ gateway integrations
We understand Foxy isn’t for everyone, but if anyone has questions, we’re here to help: email@example.com
I’d be really interested to know how your customers are achieving this… or to become your customer! I am looking for someone to build my ecomm site, potentially with this kind of set up.
Fee free to email me on firstname.lastname@example.org