Webflow + foxy questions

Howdy,

I have a client who’s interested in an ecommerce sight. I would have love to have just used webflow ecommerce for this but my client needs live shipping fuctionality. I have some important questions that are dealbreakers for the project:

1. With Foxy’s options…can the origin country of the live shipping options be any country? My client’s store is mexican. I know that the usual live shipping partners (DHL, FEDEX etc) can ship worldwide but I want to be sure that the origin can be mexico and that there is no country limitation in where it’s shipped from. In shopify for example they don’t offer their live shipping functionality to mexican accounts because the way they are setup with those partners…the origin has to be the US. I need to know for certain this won’t be an issue before I start the project.

2. Does foxy have some sort of way to integrate instagram shopping? I know webflow ecommerce does but I need to know if there is a way to do it with webflow+foxy.

thanks for your time. I appreciate itl.

Questions about third party solutions are best directed to the provider. Contact | Foxy.io

Thank you. I have contacted foxy on this issue but I also know from experience that sales people will say yes to everything. I’m posting this to hear about people that know from the experience of using foxy that there’s no limitations on the live shipping (specifically for the case I’m referring to) because if i start the project and then later find out there is a limitation I’m screwed. Also, the question about instagram shopping could apply to a possible solution in either webflow or foxy.

@foxy is very active in the forums and based on experience they provide great guidance on the capabilities of their solutions. Since you can build for free with foxy there is no reason you can’t prototype and test your proposed client solution.

1 Like

Hi @Marcelo_Fernando_Vig.
Josh from Foxy here. To confirm, we don’t have any sales people and for sure don’t just say yes to everything if the answer isn’t really yes. :slight_smile:

I know we’re already chatting via email, but I’ll answer here too, just in case someone has similar needs.

You can set the store origin to any location in the world. Here’s a screenshot: https://d.pr/i/PwhpK2

We don’t have an Instagram integration. Products are 100% managed outside of Foxy (Webflow CMS is recommended) so it would be a matter of connecting CMS data to Instagram.

As @webdev mentioned, we have an unlimited free trial. So you can build and test for free for as long as you need. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any follow up questions: hello@foxy.io

Thanks,
Josh

Glad to hear it! Thank you for clarification.

1 Like

Happy to help! Please let us know if you have further questions.

Thanks,
Josh

Posting this here because someone else may want the answer I was looking for. So now that I’ve setup a prototype store using the foxy webflow template and tested things out…I’ve learned by seeing the error logs in foxy that “UPS Error: Suggested Retail Rates are not allowed for Ship From locations outside of the US”.

This is exactly why I was posting this question here for people that knew this from trying it out not just knowing it “In Theory”. This is why you shoulnd’t be so quick to dismiss this type of question and the validity of asking for first hand experience with it.

I believe that is a UPS restriction, not foxy. Each shipper has different requirements and limitations. Determining which carriers and methods that meet your requirements is not trivial. Then you match that to what is supported on an given e-commerce platform. Reach out to Josh, trust me they have seen lots of configurations. I have had to build custom API integrations for clients before to meet requirements. Lots of fun!

Yes…it’s a UPS restriction (must be strictly an API restriction since we have UPS in mexico), but foxy should know what is supported or not…or at least say they aren’t sure when asked. ; )

This is what I meant about saying yes to everything…haha

Hi @Marcelo_Fernando_Vig.
I’m sorry for the confusion. UPS wasn’t mentioned in your question. If it had been, we would have answered accordingly. My answer was specific to setting an origin in Foxy:

You can set the store origin to any location in the world. Here’s a screenshot: https://d.pr/i/PwhpK2

As @webdev mentioned, supported origins for each carrier is controlled by the carrier, not Foxy… or any other ecommerce platform.

Thanks,
Josh

Can you provide more details about linking CMS, and setting up Instagram Shopping with Foxy.io? Would Facebook approve such shop?

Thanks,
Easy

Hi @easyaskovic.
Thank you for getting in touch. You can set up a datafeed from Webflow CMS data to Facebook (and possibly Instagram) to keep your social store populated in real-time. Includes product name, image, description, price, and link to product page to purchase through your website/Foxy.

We don’t have a tutorial for this yet, but plan to soon. Feel free to reach out for more detailed info: hello@foxy.io

Thanks,
Josh

1 Like

Hi @foxy Looking forward to that tutorial :pray:

There’s no eta, but if you have experience with automation tools like Make, it should be pretty straightforward.

Thanks,
Josh