Webflow designer glitching/lagging on home page?

Hi,

I am creating a site on the webflow designer, however, since I made changes to the home screen (added a background and other icon images produced on photoshop) the website is painfully slow and won’t even go full screen in preview mode.

On top of this, it has unlinked my interactions, which I have completely deleted now as i thought that may be the issue, but has made no difference. My initial thought was that the images were of too high quality but even reducing this has made no change…
(originally the fixed BG faded away along with the other elements on the home page, however all interactions are currently out of action, so hide the BG image to see full site)

I am wondering if there is a bug with the website or is it something on my designer causing the issue?

See the attached image to see how my preview mode is bugging…

See my read-only link to preview my site… https://preview.webflow.com/preview/tylers-stupendous-project-215a0f?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=dashboard&utm_content=tylers-stupendous-project-215a0f&preview=d61436cdd71dbec4e755af3945f7b2c4&mode=preview

All help is greatly appreciated as I have a time schedule to meet.
Thanks in advance.

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hi @Storm_WB Tyler,

Not sure what issues you are having. When I open your preview link, it shows what it should.

I hav a 34" Ultra-wide monitor and have it sized for 27". Even when I view ‘MY’ projects I do not get it sized to 100% of the viewable of the browser. This is setup due to the current width of your designer preview, so there aren’t any viewable issues when switching back and forth.

So there isn’t a glitch in the system for that.

As for your slowness, not sure. Have you tried using Incognito mode?

Can you add a video for what it is you are seeing as far as slowness?

Hi @QA_Brandon, thanks for the reply.

The problem is that on preview mode my site doesn’t scroll (act as normal) and unlinks all my interactions from their elements. The problem has now started on the designer mode, however, sometimes it works and sometimes it doest?? So confused.

It must have something to do with either the small icons (created in photoshop) or the background… as this is when the issues began.

(See screenshot for unliked interactions)

How do I upload a video on here? It seems it only allows images…
I can email it if necessary as it will give you a much better understanding of what I am experiencing.
- It seems to work fine the first time I clock preview mode (full screen and perfect scroll), however, experience all the issues listed above on the second time I preview the project. This is a problem I have never had before.

Could it perhaps be due to scaling the icons in the bottom corners of the home page too high? As originally they were very small files.

What size would you recommend to create the background in photoshop for maximum quality and function in the designer?

UPDATE:

The issue still occurs even after removing all images.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.