We don't all live in the US

Can we have more ‘international’ date formats please (or is there a setting I haven’t seen yet?)

I have run out of wish list votes. There are SOOOOOOO many things I need to vote on, and can’t believe that a great product like Webflow has us pro users voting on things that should obviously have been build first time around.

But hey, what do I know. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

You can create your own date formats in the dynamic lists. Just use a text block for the day, a text block for the month and a text block for the year. That way you can create 19 / 10 / 2016, or 10 / 19 / 2016 in your dynamic list or dynamic page template.

Thanks for that Rowan, but…

Webflow, in their infinite wisdom, decided to add the published date as a hidden field within the CMS, great!

But…

You can’t change this date! (WHAT?! WHY?!) anyhoo, so I have created a separate ‘Published’ [date] field to manually type in a date (wow, computers huh! ‘manually’) (This has also been discussed many times on the forums & wish lists etc.)

So back to my OP… there doesn’t seem to be able to change the format of the field.

Again, am I missing something?

True, I also want to be able to change the original published date. I requested the same thing in november 2016 (see; Change "created on" date manually (CMS)) - But still nothing :cry:

But using a manual published field will work as well. I do it like this as well for clients who want to add older posts.

Then in the designer you can use seperate text blocks to grab the date, month and year seperately. That way you can use different date structures.

See image attached. Here I used 3 different text blocks to create the date format I want.

1 Like

Aha ok, wasn’t aware I could do that, thanks! (Should have checked first)

Still my OP still stands, we Europeans use the following format…

DD/MM/YYY

But will give your suggestion a go, but to be honest I don’t really want to publish the date, it’s more about the UI of the Webflow app.

Just realised you’re also in NL!

Yes we use the same date format in Holland so I know the frustration :smiley:

Oh LOL! you in Amsterdam :laughing:

1 Like

We also need day and month available in more languages!

Absolutely – more intl. date formats would be appropriate. Not nice how we’ve got to piece them together right now.

Same here.

Germany needs DD.MM.YYYY

PLEASE :raised_hands: