Want to use "www.domain.com" for the product pages in Webflow & "www.crackverbal.com/resources/blog-name" which are hosted on WordPress

Hi

We are currently transitioning our product pages which are hosted on WordPress to Webflow and want to keep the blogs & other resources on WordPress itself. Since the native Webflow plugin is now deprecated - we are looking for another solution.

We are not looking to change the structure of the website. For ex: hosting the blogs under a sub-domain to keep the SEO juice intact.

You would need to use separate domains since you can’t leverage a reverse proxy with Webflow ecommerce.

Hi @webdev

Thanks for the response.
We were searching for the issue and found out that we could leverage Cloudflare Workers to accomplish the same. What do you think and can you please guide us through the process?

I am pretty sure you can’t reverse proxy e-commerce (breaks it) and workers require using the proxy. @memetican might have more insight. I do know that the reverse proxy hack everyone uses is to not enable SSL on the Webflow site, and enable full SSL more on CF to deal with the SSL issuance issues that occur. That certainly would not fly for e-commerce.

1 Like

Note : we are not using the Ecommerce plan but we are on website CMS plan.

Combining the sites involves a few pieces for your setup;

• Rewriting the blog article content to your desired Webflow URLs
  • Fixing up canonicals in those pages
  • Possibly fixing up urls in those pages
  • Possibly merging scripts ( webflow.js & css for your nav, plus WP scripts & css for your content? depends… )
  • Considering METAs, SEO, etc.
  • Figuring out how to deal with navigation on the combined site
  • Merging your sitemap.xml

It can be a fairly substantial build depending on the amount / complexity of content and the specifics of your navigation needs.

If you needed, I could do a small project to analyze the work needed and get you and estimate of what’s involved. You can direct message me for my details on project work.

But as Jeff said, either splitting subdomains, or merging on a single platform, is much more manageable for the long run.

SEO really isn’t a concern here, if you move your primary domain over to Webflow and then create a blog. subdomain for Wordpress, you can use redirects to ensure that your current blog paths are uninterrupted. That gets you out of the messy business of a page merge and navigation complexity.